Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » scope adjustment problems (no more adjustment)
scope adjustment problems [message #12043] Sat, 07 July 2012 18:28 Go to next message
alditom59 is currently offline  alditom59
Hi All.
I have just mounted a Nikon Omega scope on my Encore rifle. The Encore rifle is a 21" barrel in S&W 500 cal.
I used a DNZ medium high mount. If I use a low mount the scope looks like it might hit the barrel.
My first shot at 20 yards with cross hairs on center of red dot on target, hit about 8" low but dead center of target.
I put my cross hairs back on center of red dot and brought the cross hairs down to where the first shot hit.
Took my second shot and the bullet still hit low, now it's 3" below the red dot and still in the center.
My problem is that there is no adjustment to make on the scope.
WHAT AM I DOING WORNG!!!!!!
Thanks
Re: scope adjustment problems [message #12044 is a reply to message #12043] Sat, 07 July 2012 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
You may not be doing anything wrong. 1st thought is that one of the rings is slightly higher than the other. Try swapping the rings around and see if that helps.
Re: scope adjustment problems [message #12045 is a reply to message #12044] Sat, 07 July 2012 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The scope mount is one piece.
Re: scope adjustment problems [message #12046 is a reply to message #12045] Sat, 07 July 2012 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
My first thought, and this may not make any difference, is that you have a muzzleloader scope mounted on a rifle barrel in a pistol caliber. Since it wasn't designed for it, or any higher velocity, smokeless powder, centerfire ammo, that might be the issue. But I would also think it would be shooting high in that situation, not low... So I may be totally off base.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: scope adjustment problems [message #12047 is a reply to message #12046] Sat, 07 July 2012 21:14 Go to previous message
Thanks Doyle
Thanks Glenn
I think my next step should be to contact Nikon.
Thank You both for your input,
Previous Topic: MOA value for indicators on iron sights
Next Topic: Encore Barrels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:59:00 EDT 2024