Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Clearing the safe
Clearing the safe [message #12576] Thu, 02 August 2012 03:09 Go to next message
Sierra Ghost Hunter
Decided to add a few black rifles to my safe for work/hunting so I have to sell a few barrels and such to help fund the conversion.
I decided to get a rifle in 6.8 spc and you all guessed it, that is on the AR platform. I decided to do a .204 Ruger as well so I am cutting back on duplicate guns.
I am keeping one Encore for the 7mm Rem Mag barrel for elk and the 20 ga rifle barrel for the limited range deer areas that I hunt so I am not bailing out on my Encore completely. It is just a little more efficient to have an AR for the depredation hunts, 6.8 for the boars and the .223 or the .204 for the Yotes and such. Nice to have immediate follow up rounds when you have multiple targets. Still have my 270 in a bolt action and that may get passed down to my daughter when she finishes college in 3 years so that she can join me during rifle season. She is deadly with her Hoyt bow.
Wanted to post this so that no one panicked when they saw all my ads posted.
Chris
Re: Clearing the safe [message #12579 is a reply to message #12576] Thu, 02 August 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Every time I try to reduce the barrel count I end up getting more than I got rid of with the extra cash. Good luck with the sales.

Harassment Alert: Does round count mean anything for an Encore frame? Wink

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Thu, 02 August 2012 09:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Clearing the safe [message #12581 is a reply to message #12579] Thu, 02 August 2012 10:58 Go to previous message
Sierra Ghost Hunter
Crubear wrote on Thu, 02 August 2012 08:50

Harassment Alert: Does round count mean anything for an Encore frame? Wink

Actually it does. I used to shoot over 40,000 registered targets and practice rounds annually the my Kreigoff K-80 shotgun and at about 120,000 the fit started to get a little on the loose side. The K-80 is about $8K -$10K shotgun. About every three years I would get a new one and sell off the old one.
I don't know the life of a TC Encore nor does my shoulder care to try to find out.
Previous Topic: Who has ever honestly "worn out" a barrel?
Next Topic: Why are Encore Shotgun barrels so expensive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 00:37:31 EDT 2024