Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Why are Encore Shotgun barrels so expensive (Shotgun Barrels)
Why are Encore Shotgun barrels so expensive [message #12577] Thu, 02 August 2012 08:27 Go to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
Does anyone know why the Encore shotgun barrels are so expensive? Even the smooth bore list for more than the rifled shotgun barrels. The cost of manufacturing of a rifled barrel has got to be far more than a smooth bore shot gun barrel, yet the smooth bore shotgun barrels cost near double what you can get a rifle barrel (non-shotgun) for???? This makes absolutely no sense to me. TC has got to be making a huge profit margin on those barrels.
Re: Why are Encore Shotgun barrels so expensive [message #12578 is a reply to message #12577] Thu, 02 August 2012 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently online  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Looks like you answered your own question Wink

Wait, they are thinner, therefor more fragile and require extra special boxes and wrapping paper. That or it costs more to drill a bigger bore

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Why are Encore Shotgun barrels so expensive [message #12587 is a reply to message #12578] Thu, 02 August 2012 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
Surely they don't take a solid piece of stock and drill out, that would be a waste of a lot of material. I would imagine that they would either cast or hammer forge a smooth bore shotgun barrel.
Re: Why are Encore Shotgun barrels so expensive [message #12624 is a reply to message #12587] Fri, 03 August 2012 19:16 Go to previous message
bluelund79 is currently offline  bluelund79
Novice Contributor
Same question I have....You can get a replacement barrel for any number of shotguns for way less money! I'd love to buy a 20ga smoothbore and a 20ga turkey, but I'm not spending that kinda $ to do so. After both barrels and 1 forearm, you are real close to Browning 20ga auto money....guess I will keep cruising the classifieds and auction forums and get lucky like I did on my 12ga turkey barrel, even that "deal" was a little less than worse for wear. Case in point-camo turkey barrel with matching forearm for $225 shipped. Used 12ga Wingmaster 870-$125.....I do like the Encore, so it's a waiting game for the right deal. Still hope somebody reads this and gets the point. Cut the prices to a realistic and affordable number, and sales will go through the roof, bringing in more money that hiking up the smaller stock. Create demand to make supply and demand.
Previous Topic: Clearing the safe
Next Topic: Contender M1 Barrel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 09:06:23 EDT 2024