Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » .44 mag barrel with shot tube?
.44 mag barrel with shot tube? [message #12642] Sat, 04 August 2012 15:43 Go to next message
theoldcoot is currently offline  theoldcoot
Forum Newbie
I am trying to get some information about a barrel I am looking at on Gunbroker. I have searched the web for info on it, including the TCA site, and can't seem to find any info on it. Here is a link to the ad:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=29976305 6

It has a shot tube on the end of a .44 mag barrel. The only one like I have ever seen. Can anybody tell me more about this barrel?

Thanks in advance for any help that comes my way
Ken

theoldcoot

To all our men and women in uniform, Thank You and God Bless You.
Re: .44 mag barrel with shot tube? [message #12648 is a reply to message #12642] Sat, 04 August 2012 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
TC made Hot Shot barrels in the 70s, what you're seeing is an early one with the wrench. Good deal if you can get it close to that price

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: .44 mag barrel with shot tube? [message #12666 is a reply to message #12648] Sun, 05 August 2012 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theoldcoot is currently offline  theoldcoot
Forum Newbie
Crubear wrote on Sat, 04 August 2012 17:24
TC made Hot Shot barrels in the 70s, what you're seeing is an early one with the wrench. Good deal if you can get it close to that price

Crubear, thanks for the info. I have aquired several barrels, over the years, but this is the first "Hot Shot" I have ever ran accross. Guess I just don't hang out in the right circles!

Thanks again for the response.
Ken

theoldcoot

To all our men and women in uniform, Thank You and God Bless You.
Re: .44 mag barrel with shot tube? [message #12700 is a reply to message #12666] Mon, 06 August 2012 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oneshot is currently offline  Oneshot
Forum Newbie
Yep....its for the hot shot load. I have one too. The .44 hot shot is phenominal. Problem is, there is no factory load anymore. You have to reload them. If you can get into it, they work way better than the .45/.410 barrel. I can't use mine. Its for an old receiver that I don't havve anymore. It doesn't seem to work on the new frame.

be good to people on your way up....you may end up passing them on your way down.
Re: .44 mag barrel with shot tube? [message #12727 is a reply to message #12700] Mon, 06 August 2012 19:30 Go to previous message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Man, It's been awhile since I've seen on of those. Good luck with it if you get it. Mike
Previous Topic: Slug Suggestion
Next Topic: Encore questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:41:35 EDT 2024