Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? (Pro Hunter Shotgun Stock)
Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #13557] Thu, 30 August 2012 13:17 Go to next message
tk8636 is currently offline  tk8636
Forum Newbie
I purchased a Pro Hunter 12g Turkey setup this spring and bagged a turkey with it the second day out. I love the gun I want to use the gun for small game as well so I recently bought a front bead sight and a polychoke tube. I took the sights off the gun and replaced them with the front bead and replaced the turkey choke with the new choke. The problem is that the stock won't let my eye look down the barrel to get a good sight picture. Does anyone know if there is a stock that I can buy that will work correctly with a shotgun bead sight?

thanks,
Tom
Re: Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #13648 is a reply to message #13557] Sat, 01 September 2012 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
That's a good ? Tom but I don't have the answer as that's the 1 thing I haven't used mine as, is a shotgun. mike
Re: Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #13782 is a reply to message #13648] Tue, 04 September 2012 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

I'm interested in hearing the results of this.
Re: Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #14068 is a reply to message #13782] Wed, 12 September 2012 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mjgonehunting is currently offline  mjgonehunting
Forum Regular
You would probably do better with a vent rib barrel,meant for wing shooting.The raised rib should help with eye alignment.Your turkey barrel is designed to be aimed not pointed.
Re: Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #14073 is a reply to message #14068] Wed, 12 September 2012 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
You might be able to find an aftermarket stock with a lower comb; However, in the abscence of that possibility the "4211" barrel( 26" vent rib, and three choke tubes) may work better with your turkey camo stock. As is, your present setup is more akin to a "Trap" setup as opposed to bird or "skeet" shooting. While we're on the shotgun barrel and it's choke tubes, is there any "commonly found" tube that has the same threads as found on the T/C barrel? Jim
Re: Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #15609 is a reply to message #14073] Fri, 02 November 2012 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tk8636 is currently offline  tk8636
Forum Newbie
Jim,

You can get a polychoke tube from Brownells. Here is what I got:

100-002-434 VENTED POLY CHOKE II: BROWNING INVECTR $99.95

thanks,
tom

[Updated on: Fri, 02 November 2012 17:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #16071 is a reply to message #15609] Fri, 16 November 2012 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Furchaser12 is currently offline  Furchaser12
Forum Newbie
I have a hunting buddy that tried to go this route with a vent ribbed 20ga barrel and we both had the same problem. Neither one of us could get down on the stock low enough to sight down vent ribbed bead. The only way I seen around this problem for me was a lower combed stock but with that said we never really looked for one. I have a 20ga turkey barrel that I use with a scope with no problems at all. The vent ribbed barrel just wasn't comfortable at all and I love these guns. I have 3 frames and 5 barrels. Just my $.02 worth.
Re: Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #16225 is a reply to message #16071] Thu, 22 November 2012 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Searun1 is currently offline  Searun1
Forum Newbie
I use my Pro Hunter with a 20 g vent rib as my grouse gun. I was concerned that it would not be sighted correctly down the plane for a shotgun barrel but it was. Everyone is different though. It makes a great lightweight grouse gun in my opinion.

SR1
Re: Encore Pro Hunter as a bird gun? [message #45044 is a reply to message #16225] Thu, 21 February 2019 08:28 Go to previous message
bobbill is currently offline  bobbill
Forum Newbie
I know old thread...Searun1 +1. I use Browning DA grousing...you a shooter, you never see the bbl etc. (20" with Poly) shoots lead and steel...fast...
now where can I find front sight for a TC MGM custom bbl...?

Congress is the enemy, all ya gotta know.
Previous Topic: It's been awhile
Next Topic: New T/C Guy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:02:57 EDT 2024