Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Grip size (Grip size)
Grip size [message #15284] Mon, 22 October 2012 13:28 Go to next message
awhiteha is currently offline  awhiteha
Forum Newbie
Hello, I am a new encore user. An old Contender user.

Maybe some of you have the same issues and found answers to this problem. With my new Encore Prohunter the grips are too big for my hands and trigger is a little heavy. I am shooting the sidesaddle. With the old contender, it fit my hands perfectly. 1) Is there a stock maker that sells grips similar to the old ones or am I stuck with this configuration? 2) Also, how does the G2 feel compared to the old Contender, grip wise?
Re: Grip size [message #15285 is a reply to message #15284] Mon, 22 October 2012 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Which grip do you currently use and like on your G-1? I've used virtually every style G-1 that T/C offered, my two favorites being the "Competitor", and the last model Rynite. The angle of how the grip relates to the frame changed with the G-2, supposedly "comfort" was one of their reasons. The G-2 and Encore grips are more alike than the G-1 with the G-2.
Either describe your favorite as best as possible, or better yet post a few pix, and someone might know a custom stock-maker that offers something closer in fit for you.
Jim
Re: Grip size [message #15286 is a reply to message #15285] Mon, 22 October 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
If you're looking to get a custom set, contact Georgia Jim olegeorgiajim@gmail.com.

He's closed down his web site, but he sure can make a pretty set of grips and forends

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Grip size [message #15582 is a reply to message #15286] Thu, 01 November 2012 20:55 Go to previous message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
I have pretty much the same problem with fist size. I recently bought a composit set off of eBay and they fit like a glove. They were my first through hole's and I'm hooked. I tracked down the fella who made these and found him again on M.Bellm's site. His name is Tony and man can he make some real fine sets. I've had similiar ones on my early contender and they fit and looked good. I will give you a heads up. He has a 3 to 4 month lead time to make them for you. He will also show you how to measure your hand for a proper fit. He has some beauty's on his web page to ogel over. Either long gun or pistol he makes them. Mine will be here later this year and I'll post some pic's. Black Walnut, High Gloss thru hole.
It's kinda like waiting for Christmas.

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Previous Topic: New member
Next Topic: Hogue overmolded encore stock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 17:29:27 EDT 2024