Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Weather Shiield,???? coating on Blue or Stainless
Weather Shiield,???? coating on Blue or Stainless [message #15418] Sat, 27 October 2012 07:54 Go to next message
44 WCF
My quesiton, on the Weahershield finish barrels and frames, is this finsih applied to Stainless or blue items. I see some great prices on Weathershield products and I suppose it is because it may have been real popular but am hesitant to buy if it is blue steel with the coating applied. And by looking can you tell difference between stainless and Weathershield.

Any input would be appreciated.

44 WCF
Take Someone Shooting
Re: Weather Shiield,???? coating on Blue or Stainless [message #15434 is a reply to message #15418] Sat, 27 October 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
It is my understanding that it is coated blue.

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: Weather Shiield,???? coating on Blue or Stainless [message #15438 is a reply to message #15434] Sat, 27 October 2012 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
It wouldn't make sense to coat a blued barrel, unless it was being done aftermarket. Every barrel that I've ever coated, I blast down to bare metal, and then I coat a barrel from it's "in the white" state - no coating (blueing) at all. But I have to admit I don't know if T/C actually does coat a blued barrel. Doesn't make sense to me, but I guess they could.

If you are simply referencing a non-stainless barrel as "blued", then you are right. But I don't think your terminology is correct. I could be mistaken.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Weather Shiield,???? coating on Blue or Stainless [message #15442 is a reply to message #15438] Sat, 27 October 2012 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
Glen is correct that it is a white barrel... Not stainless nor blued.
Thanks...

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: Weather Shiield,???? coating on Blue or Stainless [message #15633 is a reply to message #15442] Sat, 03 November 2012 02:48 Go to previous message
44 WCF
Thanks much, and yes by blued I meant "non Stainless". I received pm that the the process is applied to carbon steel in the white.

44 WCF
Take Someone Shooting
Previous Topic: Hogue overmolded encore stock
Next Topic: Shipping to New Zealand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 18:29:32 EDT 2024