Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » New member (alaska)
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15797 is a reply to message #15781] Wed, 07 November 2012 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firedog23 is currently offline  Firedog23
Novice Contributor
Another rookie question. I've acquired a 22-250 15in pistol barrel so I was thinking I could put a break in it to push it at or over 16in so I can put a stock on it. I know the caliber itself doesn't really need a break but would this be stupid? Also are there any break designs out there that are not deafening ? Would appreciate anyone's input

Thanks nick
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15799 is a reply to message #15797] Wed, 07 November 2012 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Firedog
Not sure of all the ins and outs of this but I do know that you could have an extention tube welded onto the end of the barrel and extend it to over 16 inches would make it legal. Anything that you add to the length of the barrel must be permanent to the barrel in order to be legal. A brake or extention either one must be permantent to the barrel. Hope this helps.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15801 is a reply to message #15799] Wed, 07 November 2012 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Yeah that helps. That's what I was thinking to just wanted to get someone's 2cents on it

Thanks!!
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15807 is a reply to message #15801] Wed, 07 November 2012 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wilyote is currently offline  Wilyote
Novice Contributor
Welcome Firedog. This is a good place to start with an Encore. They are a versatile gun. If you want some parts or need trigger stuff check out the Bellm site.
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15866 is a reply to message #15807] Fri, 09 November 2012 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Mike I already enjoy it.....very addictive
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15868 is a reply to message #15866] Fri, 09 November 2012 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular

In my case Contenders was the GATEWAY, that has led me right into the hard stuff ENCORES. Once you try that first hit you are hooked and there is no turning back. Right now I am trying to clean myself up some. I only have one frame, but about six or seven barrels. Lost track. I have four Contenders and a bunch of barrels. It only gets worse. Get out now while you still can, that would leave more stuff for me.LOL
Enjoy them and you are right they are addictive.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15872 is a reply to message #15868] Fri, 09 November 2012 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
So what are some benefits to the contenders? Which do you prefer? The encore seems pretty nice but I don't know much about the differences in frames/options
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15892 is a reply to message #15872] Sat, 10 November 2012 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular

Firedog
Contenders are smaller and lighter and will not hold up to something like a 22-250, that is a down side. Contenders are smaller and lighter and will handle 45-70 and other lower preasure rounds, but they offer switch from centerfire to rimfire by only fliping a switch on the hammer. In short they are just another addiction. I love both my Contenders and my Encore, and will probably add another Encore frame in the not too distant future. After the first of the year and taxes are paid and other such foolishness as that. Right now I only have Encore rifle barrels, but that too may change.
Today was the openning day of our modern firearms whitetail deer season in Missouri. I just got in after spending the day in the field. Did not fire a shot, but did see a real nice buck. Would have had a real nice at least 8 point rack but one whole side was broken off along with the brow time on the other side. Had three points nice long and curved. If both sides had been there it would probably gone 14" or more in height and at least 20 or a little more wide. Not hugh by many standards but not a bad wild deer in the brush of Missouri. The mass was not very big but still nice.

PS. Technically he would be illegal, to be a legal buck in Missouri it must have four (4) points on one side.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~

[Updated on: Sat, 10 November 2012 20:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New member (alaska) [message #15913 is a reply to message #15892] Sun, 11 November 2012 13:26 Go to previous message
Novice Contributor
I'm from Ohio and have some friends that have dropped some big deer this year. Alaska is pretty cool lots of good hunting but still find myself wanting to hunt whitetail. Good luck hope u get that big one
Previous Topic: 50 cal Encore
Next Topic: TC Custom Shop????? Has it been Closed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 12:23:38 EDT 2024