Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » pachmayer encore grip?
pachmayer encore grip? [message #15746] Mon, 05 November 2012 23:54 Go to next message
JSimmons is currently offline  JSimmons
Forum Newbie
Does the pachmayr encore grip actually help with recoil? I have a encore in 500 mag and the
wood grip hurts to shoot more then 3 or 4 rounds. If i cant tame it alittle more i think it may be time to move it along.
Re: pachmayer encore grip? [message #15753 is a reply to message #15746] Tue, 06 November 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
I shoot a 338 Federal and I think they help a lot. I know it doesn't have the recoil of your 500 but wouldn't shoot the 338F without them. I don't think i could be shooting my 1.5" groups and less without them. They are a little fatter than I like but I adapted. I had a set on my Contender that felt better because they were smaller. It was 375JDJ.
Good luck and good shooting...
Greg

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: pachmayer encore grip? [message #15757 is a reply to message #15753] Tue, 06 November 2012 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Yes, they help. They're heavier, have a better "grip", and a larger hand grip area. Make sure you get the Magnum version of the forearm (I don't know what it means, but I know there's a difference).

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: pachmayer encore grip? [message #16271 is a reply to message #15757] Sat, 24 November 2012 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
louiethelump is currently offline  louiethelump
Forum Newbie
Gotta buy a grip. Are you guys that know saying that the Pachmyer is better than the factory rubber or whatever they call it? The OP was comparing to wood, and I wondering if I should go ahead and buy the pachmyer first?

Thanks

Louie
Re: pachmayer encore grip? [message #16273 is a reply to message #16271] Sun, 25 November 2012 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Louie,
I've owned the factory black rubber grips. The Pachmayer is much better in my opinion.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: pachmayer encore grip? [message #16274 is a reply to message #16273] Sun, 25 November 2012 08:05 Go to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I've seen (especially with encores) the "black" factory grips called "rubber" grips. Aren't these basically similar to the Contender "Rynite" or composite grips? Composite (Dupont rynite) with a air center rubber "cushion" just on the rear-most portion of the grip, and not totally "rubber"?
I use the rynite contender grips and prefer there over the pach. totally rubber grip, although I haven't tried the "finger groove" latest style. Actually I like the older "Competitor" contender grips better (wood with rubber cushion like the rynite). Mostly I find the Pachy too "deep" front to back, and too narrow side-side to feel comfortable, and allow easier access to the trigger with my trigger finger. That forces me to wrap my hand further around, putting more recoil into my thumb rather than the "pocket" between thumb and trigger finger. But then I have "short" but "fat" fingers which make "large" gloves too tight on my fingers, thus forcing me to buy "XL" gloves.
Maybe grip choice is more dictated by "hand type" than just recoil.
Jim
Previous Topic: Question
Next Topic: encore barrel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 01:19:15 EDT 2024