Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Switching barrels (What is was meant to be)
Switching barrels [message #15941] Mon, 12 November 2012 19:33 Go to next message
Wilyote is currently offline  Wilyote
Novice Contributor
I switched off my 223 barrel to my 270 in preparation for the upcoming deer season. I bore sighted to make sure I was on paper. It didn't need any adjustment. I took two shots on paper and they were under 1" @ 100. I let two more rip at the gong at 200 and hit both times.. I didn't feel the need to shoot anymore with the 270. I've been practicing all year with the 223. The gun came up like it always does, my trigger let go the way I adjusted it and with the same scope on each gun.. I was familiar with my set up. No need to blast away a box of shells. This is why I bought into the Encore system. I have two other 270's and this is my preferred go to gun. I have a lot of confidence in this set up now.

Re: Switching barrels [message #15945 is a reply to message #15941] Mon, 12 November 2012 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
and now all you need is four more frames and 25 more barrels Wink

That's why I've always liked it.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Switching barrels [message #16089 is a reply to message #15945] Sat, 17 November 2012 15:37 Go to previous message
mjgonehunting is currently offline  mjgonehunting
Forum Regular
Yup I have 2frames and 6barrels for encore,and another frame and 5 barrels in contender !
It can get habit forming!
Previous Topic: TC Custom Shop????? Has it been Closed
Next Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 14:18:07 EDT 2024