Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » factory barrel and factory ammo
factory barrel and factory ammo [message #16240] Fri, 23 November 2012 18:56 Go to next message
rr1220 is currently offline  rr1220
Forum Newbie
which factory encore rifle barrel in your experience shoots factory ammo the best?
Re: factory barrel and factory ammo [message #16331 is a reply to message #16240] Mon, 26 November 2012 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bluelund79 is currently offline  bluelund79
Novice Contributor
Each one is different. I had a 270 barrel liked almost everything I put throught it, my sons 24" 243 likes Superperformance Hornady, and I have a finicky 26" heavy barrel 25/06 barrel that likes anything in 120gr only. From what I have read and seen, the shorter length factory barrels have the best results, however, that 270 Prohunter barrel shot like a dream. Got rid of it because I just didn't see myself using it.
Re: factory barrel and factory ammo [message #16377 is a reply to message #16331] Tue, 27 November 2012 22:03 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
The fun of having an Encore is finding the ammo that it likes, factory and/or reload. It's nice to know which factory round works because you might need them at some point - like finding that the pressure spikes on your reloads with temperature changes and not being home to fix it.

My experience is heavier bullets "Usually" work best, except when they don't. I have yet to find one that changes the bullets it likes when you change the frame.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Previous Topic: encore barrel
Next Topic: NEW
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:52:47 EDT 2024