Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here!
icon10.gif  Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #16282] Sun, 25 November 2012 10:36 Go to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
If you have an amusing / interesting hunting story - Reply here.

Please keep it CLEAN. Thank you.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #16283 is a reply to message #16282] Sun, 25 November 2012 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Dirty SOB?

Yesterday was taking dog for his morning 1/2 mile walk, when I saw about 800 Canadian Geese land in my wheat stubble. Well, can always use a little fowl for the freezer, so when I got back to the house, grabbed shotgun, and 7TCU pistol "just-in-case", still had an open doe/fawn tag left.
The geese are near the north side of our property almost 1/2 mile so it's gonna be a good walk, part of which will have to be just into the woods for concealment. Get about 400 yards, and see 4 does. Well, a single doe is a lot more meat for the freezer than a couple geese, so change tactics. Leave the shotgun leaning on a tree, and stalk the deer.
Get within about 200 yards of the geese, when a decent Buck come trottin thru the geese, and they take off; naturally, the wrong direction.
Stay still and the buck walks/trots 30 yards from me thru the open stubble. Buck season went out Oct 31, and didn't even get a license; one dead doe means three less deer next year Wink DON'T need as many as we got.
Dang, stupid buck ruined the goose hunting, and the does took off when the geese did!!
With hunt now ruined, walked back to pick up shotgun and head to the house. JUST get to the shotgun, when just 15 yards into the trees are that same Buck, and a single doe. Here I am out in the wide open, and they keep looking right at me. WTF? they aren't spooked at all that I'm there. Doe moves over into a good opening, buck follows. She's obviously "HOT" so they start "makin fawns".
"Don't get mad, get even", so I did. While they were right in the "middle of it" I shot that doe out from under that goose hunt spoiler with my 7TCU at 10 yards. He SLOWLY walks off. I drag her to where I could load her in my tractor's bucket to get her out of the woods. Turn around, and he had circled around the heavy cover, and was in light brush watching me not 15 yards away.
Went back to house, got tractor and went after the deer. Got there about 20 minutes later, and that buck was there standing over her. AGAIN, I wasn't more than 20 yards from him with an "easy" potential shot. Talk about a "Horny" buck. At least 4 point per side, 24/26 spread, 16-18 height. On the way back, saw him again, posing for another potential dispatch. Bucks during the rut AREN'T very snart.
Jim
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #16285 is a reply to message #16283] Sun, 25 November 2012 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I'll preface this by saying that I've never shot my own turkey. I want to. Just never have. Ok... on to the story.

Last year, on one of the few hunts I was able to go on, I was sitting in my ground blind, enjoying an evening hunt. It was getting towards the end of shooting hours, but the sun was still up. Off in the distance, I hear a turkey. Getting excited, I grabbed my slate call and give it a few strokes with the carbon striker. Immediately, I get a reply. Now, I've never called in a turkey, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just going by the instructional video I watched, and I have no idea what is replying or why. I hit it a few more times, and I get a reply this time louder and closer sounding. Now I'm really stoked. I continue the call and reply routine a few times until it sounds like the dang thing is right on top of me.

That is when I realize that IT IS!!! Out of the corner window of my blind, I see a bluish / grey head and a slightly darker body. It is less than 20 yards from me.
That is when I panicked Because my bow still had a deer broadhead in it vice the Magnus Bullhead I had brought along for just such an occasion.

So I slowly and carefully pull the arrow off my string and load the turkey broadhead onto the string. I now have my release clipped on the string, and I'm ready to go. As it steps out in front of my blind at less than 5 yards, I realize that what I'm seeing is a non-bearded hen, which for the past several years have always been against the rules to shoot. So she walks past my blind without me drawing. Then another, then another, then another.... They just kept on coming! Not a beard on a single one of them. I knew the base rules stated gobblers, jakes, and bearded hens only, so the bow never came up.

I get back to the hunt shack to check in and they ask if I've seen anything. I tell them the story above, and two of the old men working there get grins on their faces. I ask them what's up, and that is when they lay it on me....
The rules for the base changed two weeks prior to conform with the state hunting regulations, which state "Either Sex" during the Fall season.
I could have shot my first turkey!!! But instead, I let at least a half-dozen of them walk close enough to me that I could have spit to them.

Oh well.... Such has been my hunting luck in Texas. Maybe next year.

Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #17046 is a reply to message #16285] Sat, 15 December 2012 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Both are good stories guys, thanks for sharing. mike
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #18007 is a reply to message #16282] Thu, 10 January 2013 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bustedknee is currently offline  bustedknee
Forum Newbie
A Reason to Hunt

A few years ago, Grover and I went on a archery hunt for Caribou on Alaska's North Slope and we took Grover's son, Rick, who had never participated in a big-game hunt. Rick was nervous under his Dad's critical eye and Grove was nervous as well. He wanted Rick's introduction to big game hunting to be a positive and lasting experience.
After several days of stalking and many unsuccessful attempts to place Rick within bow range of a caribou bull we were frustrated. There is virtually no stalking cover north of the hills, which end at pump station 2. There was brush growing along the river, of course, but the caribou shied away from there. Occasionally we spotted rock outcroppings on the landscape that might afford some cover to a patient hunter. We tried that however, with no luck.
Early one afternoon, Grover took off alone after five caribou, two of which were nice bulls. Rick and I watched through binoculars from the comfort of the truck as Grover double-timed out across the tundra toward the tiny herd.
Suddenly, another band of caribou appeared about two miles away. They were headed directly toward us and midway between them and us were two rocky ledges!
A bitter wind was blowing and I was dead tired from an unsuccessful morning stalk; still I asked, "You think we should go after 'em?"
"Sure." Rick replied, exhibiting neither exhaustion nor susceptibility to cold. The true difference in our ages was much in evidence.
So far in the hunt, Old Grove had been the deciding factor in where and how Rick was to hunt. He was operating on the assumption that Rick had no experience, therefore had little to contribute to planning a stalk. "Which way do you think they'll go?" I asked Rick.
He studied the terrain a bit then replied, "Straight up the hill."
"I have to agree." I said. "Then where will they go?"
"They will probably continue up the ridge, then cross over the top...if they follow the contour they are traveling."
All this time I had been watching the caribou through my binoculars so I swung the glasses up the ridge where Rick indicated they should cross. Something caught my eye! It was a barrel! "Look, Rick!" I exclaimed. "See that oil drum? I've seen those before. There is a survey marker under that barrel. What do you think the caribou will do when the get near the barrel?"
"Shy away from it?" he asked, an inquisitive look forming on his face.
"That's what I'd bet." I agreed. "And where will that put them?"
"Within shooting distance of those rocks" he replied quickly, the excitement of the hunt starting to effect his voice."
We trotted up the road until we got a small hill between the caribou and us. There, we began our stalk. By the time we reached the rock outcroppings sweat was dripping from my sideburns. The cold, biting, wind was ironically refreshing. "Which rock pile?" I huffed when we finally stopped.
"You decide." Rick answered.
I thought for a minute. "There are two rock piles and two of us," I explained, holding up two fingers for effect. "You pick one and I'll take the other. One of us should get a shot."
"Okay," Rick acknowledged, "You pick."
"No, you pick." I insisted, selfishly hoping his decision would give me the shot.
"I'll go right and you go left." Rick decided.
"Too bad." I thought. "He made the choice and gave me the prime spot." I was pleased but also disappointed. I turned to watch Rick as he worked his way around the rocks, careful to keep his head below the skyline. I almost called him back.
For twenty minutes I crouched in the rocks waiting and watching for the mass of antlers I knew would soon appear on the skyline. Finally I decided the caribou had somehow sensed our presence and veered away from our rock piles. As I stood to search for the animals, a bull, feeding just over the brow of the hill, threw his giant rack back and covered about five-hundred yards before stopping to turn and stare back at me. "Rats!" I muttered, "Outsmarted again." I eased back down the hill into the cover of the rocks to wait for Rick. I did not want to bungle any chance he might have at the other animals in the herd. After many long minutes Rick appeared around the outcropping.
"Well?" I asked, "Did you see them?"
Rick was out of breath and his face was flushed. When he spoke his voice was not only higher than normal but his words came tumbling out in short sentences. "Big bull...came right by me...eyes bulging...nostrils flaring. This close!" he motion with the end of his bow, "This close! I could see the grain in his fur."
"What happened?" I asked. Figuring the kid had taken his first caribou, I was anxious to hear about it.
"I accidentally dropped the arrow on the riser, it went ding, and he spooked!" Rick explained. "I didn't expect him to be that close...I could see big puffs of steam coming from his nose...No way I could get a shot. My heart is still pounding." "Wow," he kept saying over and over. "Wow!"
The walk back to the truck did not seem so long or cold as Rick and I told and retold the stories of our stalks to each other. We concluded, we had done everything perfectly, up to a point. We became smug in the fact we had read the caribou, the wind, and the terrain perfectly then executed a flawless stalk which placed each of us within bow range of two nice bulls. It was our own simple blunders that we did not arrow a bull. We finally decided the satisfaction we received from a job well done would have been spoiled had either of us taken the life of a caribou. We shook hands and agreed we had just experienced a successful hunt.
Old Grove met us back at the truck and excitedly told of his unsuccessful stalk. He showed little interest in our story so we let him continue. Later, after Grover wound down somewhat, Rick related the story of our stalk. The pride was obvious in his voice.
"Don't worry," Grover consoled, "You'll get better with practice."
Rick and I looked at each and smiled.
Poor Grover -- He was desperately trying to kill a caribou; Rick and I were hunting.
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #20781 is a reply to message #16282] Sat, 16 March 2013 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
This is a long read, I know. It took me a while to find where I had originally posted this back in 2007, but I wanted to find the original story, as 6 years is a long time to remember all the details. Hope you enjoy.

Cut and pasted from Stickbow.com's "LeatherWall", as posted 24 October 2007:

WOW! What a hunt! I have never done anything like this before, and I am kicking myself for not doing this in years past when it was offered to me. This week, we went hunt "Sika deer", which are really not deer at all, but rather an Asian Elk - from everything I have read about them and been told about them. The hunt was at Assateague Island, VA. What an AWESOME place!

I was invited last year by my friend Curt Lytle, and for some reason that is un-recallable to me at this time, I did not go. I remember that we did not make the original list, and had been put on "standby". This year, we made the list, and decided to go.

Curt told me this would be "different", and he recommended that I leave the treestand and compound bow at home. We would be ground hunting, and the terrain was probably best suited to traditional equipment. I have taken my longbow into the woods several times to stump shoot, but as of this year, had not yet hunted with it. I was skeptical. I kept going back and forth on what I was going to take. On the Friday and Saturday prior to this hunt, I was after whitetails on Ft. A.P. Hill, also in Virginia - using a compound bow. I came home late Saturday night, and made my decision - leave the wheel bow at home, and take the longbow. I lightened up my load as best as possible, knowing we were traveling longer distances through terrain that wasn't like what I was used to. However, I couldn't help but throw the treestand in the back of the truck.

Sunday, we attended the mandatory meeting, got a cabin to sleep in, and started our scouting. Assateague is a beautiful place, but definitely not what I was expecting. Seeing what trees were available in the places we were scouting, I quickly made the decision to leave the treestand in the cabin. We were going around sandy hills, myrtle bushes, and lots of tall grass. Looking for water sources, we eventually came upon our mark - a few little water holes, MUCH smaller than what they have been in recent years from the looks of prior water marks, etc... There, we found tons of tracks. We studied quite a bit, as we tried to determine Sika from Whitetail tracks. We found wallows, which we assumed belonged to the Sika, but were never able to confirm. We were excited about the next days hunt.

Day 1 of the hunt - Monday morning. I had found a nice tree, the closest point to the water hole I was hunting around, and I roughed out a little area underneath it so I could sit / lay comfortable under it with a good view all around the water hole. I put up a little leafy blind material at the entrance to conceal my presence, and settled in waiting for the sun to come up. BTW... thanks VERY much to the inventor of the Thermocell. The sun came up, and I was able to see all around me. During the course of the morning, I watched a few Sika on the other end of my water hole. Not even close enough for a shot - but I got to see them, which made me excited. I also watched two come out on a point to my right, close to where I thought my friend was setting up. It turns out he had set up directly across the open field from that location. No shots were taken that morning.

Later that afternoon, after a retreat back to the cabin for lunch, we headed back out. I settled underneath the same tree, and began my wait. As I had a while to think, I started appreciating how fun this hunt was. No carrying / climbing a treestand, making all kinds of noise, no carrying that heavy compound bow, etc... Just me, a good pair of walking boots, a light pack, small hip quiver, and a super light bow (carrying weight) that my friend Greywolf had built for me last November. Now THIS was cool hunting.

Unfortunately, I got busted that afternoon by two cows that came in on my right. The wind had been in my face all day, and right as they walked up, my blind material pushed out slightly away from me. "OH NO!!!" I thought. Yep, a split second later, they winded me and took off running. However, right before dark, the "big show" began. Nowhere near close enough for a shot, but I got to watch the Sika out in the open field, and decided that if I couldn't get a shot, I could at least study them a bit better, as it seems NOBODY has info on these things. First, I saw a cow and bull (doe and buck, etc... depending on how you want to refer to them), come out from the right side of the field and feed their way across the short green grass. Another bull came out into the field, and it was "on". The first bull ran across and met him, and they began to circle each other, sniffing each other from the rear. Then they both trotted off to the far end of the field, and I think the first one was merely pushing the other one out. Then came the "families". Bunches and bunches of Sika. I lost count at 20+, as they mulled around in the field, playing and grazing the grassy areas. Not a one came anywhere near the water out of that large group. Then a big whitetail buck showed up. You could pick him out of the crowd so easy. He was a nice tan color and all the other Sika's were dark brown / black. However, he was out there playing among them like they had adopted him or something. He acted like he was one of the group. Finally, they all filed out one by one, and I was left alone in my blind. The whole show lasted about 20 minutes, from 6:15 to 6:35. One lone Sika came into the water hole a few moments later, and walked around inside it, all the way to the middle. Hmmm... guess it's not deep after all, because these guys are rather small, and the water only reached his chest when he was in the middle. I met up with Curt and our other hunting partner Shawn, and relayed the days events. I thought that Curt and Shawn would have similar experiences, given our relative positions, but it seems I was the only one to see that many. Nobody said anything to me about it, but I kind of got this unnerved feeling from the way they were looking at me - kind of like "Yeah, right... you saw 20.... uh huh...." Ha!!! LOL!!! OK guys - you gotta come see this now, first hand. Although nobody said a word to me about it, I felt uneasy. They HAD to see what I saw tonight. I know I don't have to justify myself, but when the other two people see one or two each, and I see almost two dozen, I kind of felt uneasy even telling them how many I had seen.

Day 2 of the hunt, we headed to our same locations, as we did not have time to scout much else. I settled into my comfortable little ground blind, with Curt closer to my position this time. Shawn headed off to his same location. I saw two Sika come in on the opposite end of my water hole, but they never came close to me. Then, right about the time when we were going to call it a morning and meet up, from my right, out pops an 8 point Whitetail at about 15 feet from my blind. He walked right up to the camo material, and put his head right to it - he was 5 feet from me!!!! The wind was blowing right across me, and right into his nose, and he didn't move at all. I could have reached up with my bow and touched him on the nose with it!!! I froze, just laying there paralyzed. The worst part - I have never taken a buck with antlers yet. Button bucks - yes. Antlered deer - no. And I have yet to take an animal with my traditional equipment. BUT... Whitetail bucks were off-limits this week to archery hunters. Only Sika cows and bulls, and Whitetail does. So all I could do is watch. He circled the outside of my blind, making a 180 degree pass on the side of it that was exposed to the open. He got to the other side and went to the waters edge for a drink. I carefully slipped my other "weapon" out of my pack - my camera phone (by the way... does anyone know how to get a picture off a Verizon LG phone so I can post it on the internet???). He walked back to my blind, and again stopped within spitting distance of me. I slowly snapped three pictures of him from beneath that tree. He never moved. As he turned to walk around the front of my blind, I decided to try something else. Moving slowly, I was on my knees, and if he had been legal to shoot, I think he would have been an easy take at less than 7 feet shooting from the ground on my knees. However, I didn't touch my bow, as I didn't want my mind to go blank and do something stupid. I was so excited, no telling what my brain might have snapped and done. LOL!!! Finally, he came back to the front of my blind, again standing about 5 feet from me. He was alert to something in the field. Finally, he snorted and took off like a shot in the opposite direction. It was then that I realized my friend Curt was in the field, and had been walking to me when he caught sight of the Whitetail. He had stopped to observe it, and made the comment that he was thinking, "I don't remember there being a duck blind in front of the water hole that Glenn was hunting. Oh wait! That "duck blind" has antlers!" Ha!!! No big loss, as he wasn't a legal animal to shoot anyway. Curt and I headed to the open field where I had seen the "big show" the night prior, in order to pick out some new spots.

So... after a brief lunch, we head back out to the field, and Curt and Shawn are now with me in the open field. I have to admit - I was uncomfortable where I was. Curt had helped me set up a spot behind some grass, right along the tree line. The grass was only about a foot and a half to two and a half feet tall, so sitting on my folding stool, it only reached me chest to neck level. So I would have to move slowly, as I was basically "in the open". I have never done this before on the ground, so it was a new experience for me. As it turns out, I was perfectly fine. None of the animals we saw that evening made me. The show started early. About 5:50 is when we saw the first Sikas. Curt saw one to his right, which was to my left, but he judged it as being closer to me, so he did not take a shot. He was wondering why I wasn't shooting, but I was actually about 60 yards from it, with a small tree to my left, so I couldn't even see it. But I was concentrating on two that had come out of nowhere and suddenly were in the middle of the field. "Good going Glenn... where did those two come from?" I thought. They moved slowly across the field, grazing as they came across. I got excited because they were angling my way, so I prepared myself for the shot. No such luck. They entered the woods to my right, out of bow range for me. Right before they entered the woods, the smaller Sika to my left, which was originally out of my sight picture, came running and "hopping" across the open field. FUNNY to watch!! It was like a cartoon character. All that was missing was a "boing!, boing!, boing!" noise. Then the "big show" opened - a little later than the previous night, but just as exciting. Several filed out - I lost count as some were chasing others off, and they were running in circles. I would say no less than 15 appeared at any one time. A bull and cow showed up and walked to the water hole edge, to the far end of my original stand. Another bull showed up, and the show got better. As the two bulls squared off, and started to clash antlers with each other, Curt decided to make his move from 100 yards away. He picked up his Bighorn recurve bow and headed quickly across the open field, right to the bulls. He figured (rightfully so), that it was his best opportunity at a shot at one of the two, as they were totally engrossed with each other, and didn't' look like they would make it over to his way before shooting hours were over. He didn't quite make it across before they made him and took off. Excellent try, but it just didn't pan out. He is putting his arrow back in the quiver, thinking the show is over as they all took off, as a Sika cow decides to charge right at him!!! We don't know what the cow was thinking. Maybe it thought Curt was another Sika. It figured it out right as Curt was trying to get the arrow re-nocked for the shot. Off it went. Show over, we picked up our packs and met up. Curt informed me that he saw two Whitetail DOES pass within 10 feet of my prior stand. DANG IT!!! LOL!!! Story of my life - right place at the wrong time. Ha! As we walked back to the truck, I could only describe the nights events as "exhilarating". When you can walk away from a two day hunt, after not taking any animals or even getting a shot off at all, and say out loud "We HAVE to do this again next year!", you know you have had an exciting, enjoyable trip.

All the best,
Glenn

Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #22098 is a reply to message #20781] Thu, 09 May 2013 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Not an exciting deer story but rather a cute story from my youth.
My grandmother had a little single shot Winchester model 60, (I still have it), she called it her target. She was a crack shot with that little gun. If she wanted to hit it, it was hit. Easily hit a squirrel in the eye in a tree.

My parents and sister and I lived in town by then, and I would spend many days and weeks at my grandparent's house. I would help with many of the chores that had to be done on the small farm where they lived. I cut the grass and helped grandpa draw water for washing. We heated the water in an iron kettle over a wood fire and carry a bucket at a time into grandma's gas powered washing machine. There were many other chores that I could do on the farm for them.

I was about 12 years old at the time, my grandpa and grandma decided we should go visit an ailing widow woman down the road a couple of miles. Grandma never went anywhere without her target. On this day we started out for the short drive to the widow's house. About a half mile from grandma's house there was a mulberry tree and it was loaded with berries. Sure enough there was a squirrel in the tree jumping around and we spotted it. Grandpa stopped the car and I ran around to the other side of the tree to keep it from jumping out and to maybe keep it on the side of the tree where grandma could see it. I finally spotted the squirrel pressed up against the tree trunk not moving a mussel to try to disappear for it knew it could not get away. Grandma told me if I could see it's eye I could shoot it, but I could not see it's eye from where I was so I told her to take the shot if she could see the eye. Well grandma had lost quite a bit of her vision from age and had not gotten her glasses refreshed in a few years. She said that she could see the eye and got in position to shoot. At the crack of the little 22 the squirrel came toppling out of the tree and it was dead when it hit the ground. I ran over and picked it up and looked and it still had both eyes. I told grandma and she said she could see it's eye when she shot. If you are guessing you have probably guessed where she shot the squirrel. Yes, she had shot it square in the butt hole and the bullet had traveled up through and taken out it's heart, but it still had both eyes. Until the day she died we laughed about how well she could see that squirrel's eye when she shot it. Eye or not that squirrel was good eating for supper that night.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #22379 is a reply to message #22098] Fri, 24 May 2013 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
I'm still chucklin to myself Murl, good story. Mike
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #22526 is a reply to message #22379] Wed, 05 June 2013 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular

Mike
My grandma was a crack shot with the little "target". When we would have trouble catching a chicken for butchering she would take the little gun and never missed an eye of a chicken. I still have the gun in my safe. Have not shot it in a long time. Need to remedy that.
Murl

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #23761 is a reply to message #16282] Sun, 18 August 2013 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
se3388 is currently offline  se3388
Forum Newbie
Back in the mid 80's my best friend David and I were Deer hunting near Coffeeville, Ms, we were walking from the truck down an old logging road just before dawn when all of a sudden we both stopped dead in our tracks looking at a bear crouched in the middle of the logging road about 10 yards in front of us. After what seemed like an eternity we decided it wasn't a bear and we slowly walked closer and realized it was the top of a small sapling that somehow had become bent over till the top was in the middle of the road. All the leaves were off the bent over part except for a large clump at the very top which was what we mistook as a bear.

Steve...........

Just bought 2 Encore frames back in the mid 90's or so.

NRA Patron Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life member
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #23769 is a reply to message #23761] Sun, 18 August 2013 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Well heck Steve, at least you didn't empty your guns on it.LOL. Mike
Re: Amusing Hunting Stories - Place them here! [message #23776 is a reply to message #23769] Mon, 19 August 2013 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Forum Regular

OR did they!!! I notice he did not say.

BTW Steve what part of MO do you live in? I am up near Pomme De Terre Lake.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Previous Topic: Legal conversations...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:03:46 EDT 2024