Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » TC Customer Service
Re: TC Customer Service [message #32923 is a reply to message #32922] Thu, 28 August 2014 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HiPlainsDrifter is currently offline  HiPlainsDrifter
Forum Newbie
Jim, they offered me my choice of any Hawken scope that they carried. However, all of the list prices for their Hawken scopes were considerably less than the $424.11 list price they had for my pistol scope when they used to carry it. I doubt that I could trade a Hawken scope for a pistol scope comparable to mine.

Smith and Wesson has not explained to me just what "processed" means and just why they can't return my scope to me. My scope had never been used and didn't have a scratch on it. Aside from having a windage adjustment that did not work properly, the scope was in new condition. It's hard to imagine anyone throwing it in a dumpster, especially when it's still my property.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2014 10:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TC Customer Service [message #32927 is a reply to message #32923] Thu, 28 August 2014 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Hmmmmmm, lunch box special by an employee? 424.11 was higher than the original list price on my Burris 3-9 A/O plex with posi-lock. And a way better scope than T/C ever dreamed of. I don't blame you for being irate with them. Out of the box defect doesn't bode well for quality control. Too bad you don't live in Mass. You aren't that far from the Burris factory, I'd love to go there and visit, get a grand tour. I've got 11 Burris pistol scopes and hope to add one more within the next week.
Jim

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2014 13:03]

Re: TC Customer Service [message #32928 is a reply to message #32927] Thu, 28 August 2014 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Call and tell them you'll take 3 barrels instead. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to tell them I will report it as stolen. That's rediculous

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: TC Customer Service [message #32929 is a reply to message #32927] Thu, 28 August 2014 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Midway USA sold the TC scope I had for $297.99 when they had them it stock, as opposed to TC's list price of $424.11. That's why I told them I'd accept $297.99 if they didn't return my scope.

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if someone made off with my scope. I wouldn't throw it away if I worked for TC or S&W. And it's hard to see why the company would tell anyone to dispose of it when I had not agreed to anything except to repair or replace it with the same scope model, and they had done neither.
Re: TC Customer Service [message #32930 is a reply to message #32929] Thu, 28 August 2014 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Crubear,

I told them that I would accept a Thompson Center G2 14" blued 22 LR match barrel along with the return of my 2.5x-7x pistol scope with the hope that I can eventually find someone else who can repair it at my expense. This might be the lowest cost alternative for them since the list price for this barrel is $355.00, which is $69.11 less than the $424.11 list price for my scope. However, this is the least desirable alternative for me since I have not been able to find anyone who currently repairs this scope model and I might not ever be able to get it fixed. They said they'd give me a barrel, but not return my scope.

I really need a pistol scope. I don't need another barrel although if I had the 22 LR barrel I'd probably use it once in a while. It's hard to give up something I need for something of lesser value that I don't need.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2014 14:04]

Re: TC Customer Service [message #32931 is a reply to message #32929] Thu, 28 August 2014 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Would you accept a barrel of your choice as a fair replacement? if so, call em and tell them. Don't accept anything that's junk or you have no use for. Swapping down is NOT an option.
Jim
Re: TC Customer Service [message #32932 is a reply to message #32931] Thu, 28 August 2014 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Jim,

See above.
Re: TC Customer Service [message #32933 is a reply to message #32932] Thu, 28 August 2014 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
OOPs, we were writing at the same time, you just beat me to getting yours in first.
They can't obviously return the scope. There's a lot of pistol scopes out there. Your vaporized one have some odd feature Like Lighted reticle (IR)? THAT may not exist in anyone else's 2-7 pistol scope that I'm aware of, other than "NcStar". I do know that that one will stand up to a 7-30 Waters 14" contender shooting either Federal Factory 120's or 120 Nosler reloads. Would I chance it on a 16" .338X444AI tossing hot 225 grain Nosler accubonds? NAH!, That one will definately get a Burris Posi-loc model: 3-9X-32mm AO plex Nickel Part # 200289.
Jim
Re: TC Customer Service [message #32934 is a reply to message #32932] Thu, 28 August 2014 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Sometimes you just have to be a very squeaky wheel. Call and keep calling, ask to talk to supervisors/managers. Explain that keeping the scope isn't an option, if they can't replace it, then you want a Leupold VX-3 Handgun 2.5-8x32mm or a Burris 2-7x since they are the closest comparable.

Stay civil, don't yell, but keep pushing.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: TC Customer Service [message #33335 is a reply to message #32934] Wed, 01 October 2014 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
I sent an email to Smith & Wesson's head of customer service with a copy to their director of marketing. My email to them included my email records dealing with their customer service department. I thought that they'd be embarrassed that their customer service department had told me to send in my scope for repairs and then after I sent it to them they told me that they no longer repaired scopes. I thought they'd be embarrassed about how slow Smith & Wesson had been to respond to my inquiries about the status of my scope and how slow they had been to try to resolve this issue. And I thought that after I asked their customer service department to send my scope back to me, and they told me they didn't have it anymore and would not return it to me, that their customer service supervisor and director of marketing would make a sincere effort to replace my scope with something comparable.

Not so. I sent them my email September 7 and neither of them have replied to it.
Re: TC Customer Service [message #33336 is a reply to message #33335] Wed, 01 October 2014 08:07 Go to previous message
Top Contributor
Your mistake: "I thought that they'd be embarrassed that their customer service department...." Those bozo's are at the TOP of their respective departments and responsible for their underlings. They'll bury those. You need to go MUCH higher in the food chain. Buy one share of S&W's stock and attend an annual meeting and present that. Put it to the CEO, COO and embarrass THEM on front of the BOD.
Jim

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2014 16:35] by Moderator

Previous Topic: Custom T/C contender barrels: Good or Bad
Next Topic: Tony's Forends and Grips
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 03:38:24 EDT 2024