Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » USPS
USPS [message #17198] Wed, 19 December 2012 10:43 Go to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

one more terribly run government agency.

want to know what it feels like to be crazy? call Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (800-275-8777) and try to talk to a human about the fact that 1312 0250 0000 7776 4623 does not show up in the tracking system...

guarantee you cuss 5 times!
Re: USPS [message #17202 is a reply to message #17198] Wed, 19 December 2012 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
USPS tracking is virtually non-existent. Most times the very first entry is 24 or more hours behind, and they generally acknowledge that. If you expect to see from depot to depot, or sorting facility, forget it. They are generally very quick on reporting delivery, you just won't get the step to step updates reporting progrees and route like UPS or fed-ex gives. Calling and asking, as you found is a waste ot time and effort. Pretty much IF you find out anything, it MIGHT be that the item has been entered in the system, and delivery has been made. One caveat: Delivery just it means it was delivered to SOMEONE/SOMEPLACE, NOT neccessarily the intended recipient. They are quite adept at mis-deliveries. Just my experience, and it doesn't particularly seem to be post office specific but the agency in general. The real question here is: How do you know the "voice" on the other end of the phone line was actually a human?
Jim
Re: USPS [message #17207 is a reply to message #17202] Wed, 19 December 2012 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

lol I was able to talk to someone, after 17 minutes of walking through the call tree.. In the middle of a screaming rant I screamed 000 F**K YOU! lol

i was interrupted saying I was then being transferred Smile
Re: USPS [message #17216 is a reply to message #17207] Wed, 19 December 2012 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I had a package that was shipped to me disappear for two weeks. yes, for two weeks. It showed up again when it reached the local distribution center.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: USPS [message #17218 is a reply to message #17216] Wed, 19 December 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

this package is shipping from new york, 8 hours away... they said it could take up to 8 days...
Re: USPS [message #20895 is a reply to message #17218] Wed, 20 March 2013 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mjgonehunting is currently offline  mjgonehunting
Forum Regular
I guess I just must be lucky!I have better luck using USPS than others!
I have not experienced the tracking issues either .
I probably ship 2-3 packages a month ,usually via priority mail.
Re: USPS [message #20898 is a reply to message #20895] Wed, 20 March 2013 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I use priority mail for just about everything, and with the recent rate increase it automatically comes with tracking.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: USPS [message #22987 is a reply to message #20898] Mon, 01 July 2013 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
A number of you have already read my rants about USPS, and their royal screw-ups. Well, today I had another occassion to totally hate USPS.
I ordered and had shippid on on June 9th a barrel from Ed at Ed's T/C's. He sent it out bright and early June 10th. He called me and let me know it was on it's way, and expect it by the end of the week. Typically UPS or fed-ex is 2-3 days. I forgot to ask how he shipped it, and neglected to ask for the tracking #.
I live 24 miles east, and an additional 8 miles down a gravel country road from town. Our road ends up another 32 miles past me and ends up in Greybull, Wy. We usually take it as it cuts off about 40 miles driving so a lot quicker and shorter if we happen to have to go to or thru Greybull. QWell, total miles for our road is about 40 miles and there are 6 addresses on it, 2 are mine, and all 6 are on the first 13 miles. Post office is too cheap and lazy to deliver to anyone out here, so they give us a bitty box at the post office and requires us to drive the round trip to go into town to get mail. My wife works in town three days a week, so she can check mail pretty easy either before or after work. The bad part of that: Can't get squat in the box, so anything of any size at all won't fit. Well, they have some parcel boxes (much larger) that they can put the article in, and leave the key in your box. IF a big box isin't available (Think there are 12), OR you have to sign for it, OR it has a tracking number They are supposed to leave a card telling you to go to the counter to get the article.
The PO got my barrel June 13th. They didn't put it in a parcel box, and DIDN'T bother to leave the notice card in our mailbox.
Today, I go with my wife to do laundry. While she's there, i walk the half-block to get mail. Looking thru what we got, I find a letter addressed to someone else with our mail. I go to the counter, and give it to a clerk and explain why. They have a shelf behind the counter with packages too big for boxes, or no available parcel boxes. I notice a box about the size i was expecting my barrel to be in (didn't know it was sent by mail, mind you), and it has in black marker "513" on the outward side of the box (513 is my box number). Via sherades, I get the clerk to the box, and sure enough, it's addressed to me. Been there for almost 2 weeks, and they never bothered to let me know.
The rest of the rant: My wife starts work at 6AM, she gets off at 7PM. Counter hours: 9AM to 4:30 PM. Even if she gets a delivery notice to go to the counter, they aren't open. Which means, it may have to sit there for several days till she has a day off, OR I have to make a special 60 mile round trip drive just to get a package. There's been many a time I haven't gone to town for a whole month.
OK, rant mode off (for now)
Jim
Re: USPS [message #29135 is a reply to message #22987] Tue, 25 February 2014 12:34 Go to previous message
Gunnutz79 is currently offline  Gunnutz79
I sent a USPS money order Certified Mail via USPS for a purchase from a member on here. I am in AL and he is in SC. It went to Illinois, then to Minnesota, then to SC finally. Took forever. Just like a goverment run agency. Think I will start using FedEx.

“Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭143:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Previous Topic: First look at the Vortex Viper PST 6-24×50 first-focal plane rifle scope
Next Topic: Truglo fiber optic/tritium sites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 12:34:38 EDT 2024