Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » I can't believe it.....
I can't believe it..... [message #18889] Mon, 28 January 2013 15:41 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
After collecting (and shooting) Contenders and Encore's for almost 30 years I can't believe what I've just done.

I'm down to Encore only!!!
1 - Stainless frame configured as a rifle
1 - Blue frame for pistol (Serial number is 19xx, bought it as soon as they came out)
1 - Bullberry 23" barrel in Ruger 204
1 - Blue 22LR 15" barrel
1 - Blue 7mmBR 15" barrel

and, a resolution to not buy anything new for 1 year.

I can't believe how easy this makes it to go the range now. No more getting there to find I have ammo x and barrel y - or even worse having 10 barrels of 1 and 2 frames of the other (Yes, I did that). I don't have 20 barrels to wring out, or 15 sets of dies in the reloading cabinet either....

and no, you will not, absolutely cannot tempt me with your Contender Carbine in 357 Mag/Max.... no, I don't need more....

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: I can't believe it..... [message #18892 is a reply to message #18889] Mon, 28 January 2013 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Hmmmm, I don't have that problem. Going "to the range" for me is 20 feet outside the back door. I do have the option (inclement weather, etc) of just shooting out the window in my "den". Targets set at 25, 50, and 100 yards. I could conceivably set up a 900 yard range, or even 1000 if my neighbor will let me "borrow" 100 yards on his side of the fence. Not like my shooting will be hampered just cuz I mita forgot something. I do occassionally run into problems with obstructions: been a few times either a turkey or a deer was playing with my target holder.
Jim
Re: I can't believe it..... [message #18912 is a reply to message #18892] Mon, 28 January 2013 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

why not buy anything for a whole year... thats like not having a beer for a year! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! Smile

Now.... 30days is a good starting point... a year! no way!
Re: I can't believe it..... [message #18916 is a reply to message #18912] Mon, 28 January 2013 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
James, that deserves a -1 Karma Wink

The reason to not buy is to get what I have figured out and dialed in, and stop getting distracted by new toys for a bit. I also have two new autos and a Savage in 308 to get dialed in. Plus there's a gold season to get through, a bike habit to get started on again, and....

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: I can't believe it..... [message #18958 is a reply to message #18916] Tue, 29 January 2013 20:22 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

Crubear wrote on Mon, 28 January 2013 22:05
James, that deserves a -1 Karma Wink

Previous Topic: Karma System now Enabled
Next Topic: Karma system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 14:24:04 EDT 2024