Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » USPS shipping prices went up.
USPS shipping prices went up. [message #19171] Sun, 03 February 2013 15:02 Go to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
For those of you getting ready to ship something, you will shortly see that prices have increased. Initially, it doesn't seem like much, but if you look at percentages, it's a fairly drastic jump for packages.

A small "Flat Rate" Priority Mail box was $5.35. Now it's $5.80. A 45 cent increase doesn't seem substantial, but if you ship a lot it's going to add up, especially when you consider the larger packages went up by the same percentages as well.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: USPS shipping prices went up. [message #19216 is a reply to message #19171] Mon, 04 February 2013 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Here's a little secret to saving on usps cost.
Go to their site and register with them and you can print your own shipping labels at home and you get a pretty decent discount.
Check it out. Mike
Re: USPS shipping prices went up. [message #19229 is a reply to message #19216] Mon, 04 February 2013 18:07 Go to previous message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Here's one for you. Registered on UPS.com and had to pay more! Really frosted my cookies. Droped the account and drive the 30 miles. It was cheaper. Their rates go up every year and they still charge a fuel sur-charge even when the prices at the pump drop below the rate where they raised it... Gotta love big bus. ingenuity to squeeze every last cent from the consumer...
With USPS I suspect they are trying to dig themsleves out of a big hole, with the stamp and rate increase. Axing the managers responsible, does not seem to be an option... These are only my opinions base on my use of their systems... Guess I'm a bit disgruntled. Confused

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Previous Topic: Another New Guy
Next Topic: New here
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 09:03:27 EDT 2024