Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Ed's contenders
Ed's contenders [message #20167] Thu, 28 February 2013 09:20 Go to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

I do not know about anyone else experience, but I am sick and tired of emailing Eds TC and not once have recieved a answer.
Re: Ed's contenders [message #20175 is a reply to message #20167] Thu, 28 February 2013 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I emailed Ed back in october or november. three weeks later I finally got a reply. From then on, I got replies pretty quick, even within an hour. I ended up buying one barrel, and ordering another. He's much better to contact by phone, rather than email though, I soon found out. Instead of emailing, you're much better off calling by phone if you have something in mind beforehand, instead of just casual inquiries. He probably gets a lot of email inquiries which end up being just that. He does spend a good deal of time going to gun shows, and likely a good bit just packing and unpacking shortly before and after the shows. Try calling and see if you don't have better luck. He's 66 and likely not real internet savvy nor real comfortable with it.
Jim
Re: Ed's contenders [message #20195 is a reply to message #20175] Thu, 28 February 2013 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Yep. Call him. Much better. I've bought from him and he is good to deal with. But if you're expecting an email reply, or for his website to be updated... You're going to be disappointed most of the time.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 22:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ed's contenders [message #20741 is a reply to message #20195] Fri, 15 March 2013 09:13 Go to previous message
Nikkisdad is currently offline  Nikkisdad
Forum Newbie
Just bought a .223 Encore barrel from Ed, took a bit of coordinating but I did get it quickly after we finalized the deal and I paid for it. He did return my calls and left messages for me.
Previous Topic: tc contender 23" 30/30
Next Topic: Pistol and buttstock end caps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 14:59:36 EDT 2024