Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Need thoughts on a ML extractor issue
Need thoughts on a ML extractor issue [message #1817] Mon, 16 August 2010 13:55 Go to next message
HunterGirl is currently offline  HunterGirl
Forum Newbie
I installed the EZ tip extractor onto my ML, opened and closed 10-15 times without issues. Now it appears that the frame is hung up on the tension screw on the side that keeps the extractor in place, and I can't get to the breech plug. I have an opening about 1/16" and I can see that the extractor is not the issue.

Any thoughts on how I cen get this open now? I can't get any tools inside the frame/barrel, and I am totally out of ideas. I am taking it to my gunsmith later to have him work on it, but I would like to provide him with any ideas you can help me with.

I have called TC and left a message, so waiting for a call back from them as well.

As a sidenote this extractor part seems pretty pointless for the ML primers. Can I shoot my ML without it, and are there any negatives?

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Need thoughts on a ML extractor issue [message #1818 is a reply to message #1817] Mon, 16 August 2010 14:13 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

I removed my extractor, yes it is pointless
Previous Topic: forearm screws
Next Topic: Full length forearm for pistole
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:41:39 EDT 2024