Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » My son is in bad shape (If you are a praying person)
My son is in bad shape [message #24516] Mon, 30 September 2013 22:12 Go to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

On Saturday my son was rushed to the hospital semi-conchious and in great pain. He has been diabetic since he was five and is 38 years old and has developed a syndrome with the acronym DISH, not sure what it means but the effects are the mussles in his back are hardening along with the tendons. Causes great pain. He was given a choice to have a stimulater placed in his back to block the pain impulses or to spend the rest of his live on heavy pain meds. He opted for the stimulater so it was implanted three weeks ago. He had become sick earlier in the week and visited the doctor and they thought he had a virus and gave him antibiotics and sent him home. Long story short, on Sunday morning early they rushed him into emergency surgery to remove the stimulator and the infection that was around it. The infection had traveled along the leads into his spine and caused meningitice. This afternoon late they move him from ICU into an area they call a step down room. He still has ICU type care but now his wife and us can visit more than the 5 minutes every two hours. The DISH can happen to anybody but is more in long time diebetics.
If there are any praying people here please include my son Duane in them.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: My son is in bad shape [message #24523 is a reply to message #24516] Tue, 01 October 2013 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
You have it

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: My son is in bad shape [message #24529 is a reply to message #24523] Tue, 01 October 2013 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Sure sorry to hear about this Murl, he has mine. Mike
Re: My son is in bad shape [message #24535 is a reply to message #24529] Tue, 01 October 2013 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
Our prayers are out to Duane and the family...

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: My son is in bad shape [message #24541 is a reply to message #24535] Tue, 01 October 2013 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
groat is currently offline  groat
Prayers sent
Re: My son is in bad shape [message #24543 is a reply to message #24541] Tue, 01 October 2013 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Mr. Murl
Prayers from ours to yours.

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: My son is in bad shape (Continued) [message #24553 is a reply to message #24543] Tue, 01 October 2013 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular

Was down there today and he is feeling much better this afternoon. They have installed a pick line; so they can feed him the antibiotics and not have to reinstal an IV every day. He has ran out of places to stick. He will have the pick for as long as he needs the antibiotics. The pick is an IV type line into an artery and can be left in place for long periods of time, much like for a cancer patient and chemo. He still has a long way to go and they are not saying anything about sending him home any time soon. In fact they may keep him until well enough to be off the antibiotics. My daughter-in-law is staying right with him and both his girls have taken a turn at being there but they have got to get back to school.
More as I find out any news, but we are planning on this being a long process. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. God bless.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: My son is in bad shape (Continued) [message #24555 is a reply to message #24553] Tue, 01 October 2013 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hh4whiskey is currently offline  hh4whiskey
Novice Contributor
Good to hear. I said one for Duane this morning. Prayers from others have blessed my family, and I pray they'll bless your's.
Re: My son is in bad shape (Continued) [message #24979 is a reply to message #24555] Tue, 22 October 2013 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dima is currently offline  Dima
Novice Contributor
Good to here he's doing somewhat better. We'll pray for your son and his family. Smile
Re: My son is in bad shape (Continued) [message #24982 is a reply to message #24979] Tue, 22 October 2013 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular

Thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes. My son is doing well now and is on the road to recovery. They have taken him off of the IV antibiotics and is now doing oral. They have also quit doing the packing of the wound on his back. They put a wound vac bandage that keeps constant suction on the wound where they removed the electronic device. Still a ways to go but is really coming along nicely now. Once again thanks so much for the prayers, they really do help.
Murl Darby

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: My son is in bad shape (Continued) [message #25211 is a reply to message #24982] Thu, 31 October 2013 07:34 Go to previous message
burkeboy is currently offline  burkeboy
Novice Contributor
No one can ever have to many prayers, he, his family and your family our now on my prayer tree.
God Bless!
Previous Topic: Newbie to forum, question?
Next Topic: Shipping and Insurance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:16:04 EDT 2024