Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Shipping and Insurance
Shipping and Insurance [message #25039] Thu, 24 October 2013 12:02 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Something to think about and put in your "Ask" list.

If you're shipping an item USPS and insure it for more than $200 someone will have to sign for it. If there isn't anyone home, or home is way off the beaten path, then the mailman is going to leave a note for the recipient to come and get it. Well, there are places in this country where the PO is hours away or the person is at work when the PO is open.

Before sending in any way that requires a signature, ask if it causes a problem.

Make sure you get an email or text saying they pass on the signature and/or insurance and understand that once you ship it's theirs - along with the risk. If it's an over $200 item I'd still insure it for $200, and I'd get tracking for anything below that.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Shipping and Insurance [message #25321 is a reply to message #25039] Tue, 05 November 2013 11:25 Go to previous message
Shyoldman is currently offline  Shyoldman
Forum Newbie
Hi, from a new member from NE. This is one of my big deals. I buy a lot on line and since my wife and I both work am always having to go to the PO to pick up little items. It costs me $25 every time. There is no reason to have sig required on a $25 item. Thanks for bringing it up and allowing me to rant.Smile
Previous Topic: My son is in bad shape
Next Topic: Thank you for fixing the home page button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:29:42 EDT 2024