Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » New guy (barrels)
New guy [message #25680] Wed, 20 November 2013 15:47 Go to next message
DocNam is currently offline  DocNam
Forum Newbie
Hi, new guy here. I have an early Contender, bought new in the early 90's, came with 22 lr barrel and it is barely used. I want to look for a hunting barrel for deer.
I hope to learn more about this fine pistol and maybe start shooting it finally. I enjoy the info here Smile
Re: New guy [message #25681 is a reply to message #25680] Wed, 20 November 2013 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Welcome to the group

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: New guy [message #25683 is a reply to message #25681] Wed, 20 November 2013 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Doc;
Welcome to the best place on the net if you are interested in T/C stuff. I am an old timer at Contenders and a little newer at Encores. This place offers more good information then you can take in without studying the content.
Be careful the guys here seem to find a way to part you from your wallet contents. Many fine people here with great help. Pull up a chair and join in. You will like it here.
Welcome
Mr. Murl

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: New guy [message #25686 is a reply to message #25683] Wed, 20 November 2013 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Welcome Jim, I think you'll enjoy hanging out here, it's a great site. Mike
Re: New guy [message #25727 is a reply to message #25686] Thu, 21 November 2013 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gemihur is currently offline  gemihur
Forum Regular
Great bunch of guys here, always willin' to help a fellow shooter out.
Glad to have you and you'll be up and terrorizing the deer in your area in no time at all!
Jimmy
Cool

Think twice...shoot once.
Re: New guy [message #26052 is a reply to message #25727] Sun, 01 December 2013 00:19 Go to previous message
LadOR is currently offline  LadOR
Forum Newbie
hi there - I see you are wanting a suggestion for a deer barrel. The only thing I would say is keep it a caliber you can shoot a lot to get used to. The big boomers are not necessary for deer but you do want a cartridge that will handle bear, hogs also. Some of the old calibers are great. 35 Remington, 30-30, 6.8 SPC Remington. The longer pistol barrel are easily layed over a log or the like to steady. 14" enjoy
Previous Topic: Happy Thanksgiving
Next Topic: New Old Guy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:21:54 EDT 2024