Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Contender trigger return spring and cap (Alternative)
Contender trigger return spring and cap (Alternative) [message #28311] Tue, 04 February 2014 10:10 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Stolen from another site, say thanks to Jim S.

Under the category of Murphy's Law, anything that has a spring under tension will launch itself to places unknown and never to be seen again.

Example, the Contender trigger return spring and cap. Now try and get a replacement......

For an alternative, try the Ruger 10/22 trigger return spring. Quoting the poster "it looked about the right size to fit in the recess. I put one in , compressed it and slid the forward part of the trigger over it and presto good return and nice light trigger."

"Simple fix and very good trigger improvement for a laughing lion frame. Funny things you discover when you cannot get the proper parts to fix something."

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Contender trigger return spring and cap (Alternative) [message #28312 is a reply to message #28311] Tue, 04 February 2014 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
also from the same site: A flint spring off BIC lighter works also.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Contender trigger return spring and cap (Alternative) [message #28315 is a reply to message #28312] Tue, 04 February 2014 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
cap? the trigger plunger (sits atop the spring)? Bellm has a "ball" that will replace that too and sez it works better.

Jim
Re: Contender trigger return spring and cap (Alternative) [message #28319 is a reply to message #28315] Tue, 04 February 2014 13:37 Go to previous message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
I did the ball and spring in both the trigger return, and the hammer selector. My fingers still have a nervous twitch, and night time sweats. Aside from the PTSD, I find very little differance in either. Its is easier to get the ball and spring from Mike. The alternative for the purests, is to hang on the Gunbroker forever in wait. Laughing

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Previous Topic: 20 ga slug barrel
Next Topic: Sights for Encore Shotgun Barrel ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:36:28 EDT 2024