Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Source for locking bolts
icon4.gif  Source for locking bolts [message #29803] Sun, 16 March 2014 12:26 Go to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

I contacted Lowell at Eagle View Arms and asked if they could supply locking bolts and extractors for both Contender and Encore and the answer was yes. They make runs of these parts to complement their barrel stubs, and offer them for sale. I did not ask a price for each, but these are manufactured in lots and are not the only thing that they produce. Their main focus as you know is the barrel stubs. I only wish that I had the knowledge and machines to make use of the stubs. They will sell the individual parts. Perhaps this will help out some of the people here.
The link to their site is http://www.eagleviewarms.com/ and these parts are sold through the front office.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~

[Updated on: Mon, 18 January 2016 13:43] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Source for locking bolts [message #29804 is a reply to message #29803] Sun, 16 March 2014 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
a word of caution, EVA's may not be quite the same as Factory T/C's. They do use a larger retainer pin. I think the Locking bolts are 25.00 a set. David White had issues with their stubs, so won't use them anymore, I asked him. Their extractors are two-piece to work with their locking bolts. a Stub kit is 99+, but complete with all parts. Special tooling may be required from what I read for the extractors.
Jim
Re: Source for locking bolts [message #32694 is a reply to message #29804] Wed, 13 August 2014 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gemihur is currently offline  gemihur
Forum Regular
another source for split locking lugs is Gregg's Bear Creek Guns at http://www.parts4guns.com/
Theirs are $20. Part #55210123
Jimmy

Think twice...shoot once.
Re: Source for locking bolts [message #38876 is a reply to message #32694] Wed, 29 July 2015 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular
Note: previous post site is defunct (Gregg's Bear Creek Guns ain't open)
Sorry

Re: Source for locking bolts [message #40180 is a reply to message #38876] Mon, 18 January 2016 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
powderguy1234 is currently offline  powderguy1234
Forum Regular
i just got two sets from numrich for encores
Re: Source for locking bolts [message #42282 is a reply to message #40180] Sun, 18 December 2016 14:40 Go to previous message
Forum Regular
Just got a set of split bolt for contender from S&W (T/C division)
1 (800) 331-0852
Great Folks!

Previous Topic: Locking Bolt and Extractors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:57:31 EDT 2024