Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Reloading » Cleaning out a powder drop - The easy way
Cleaning out a powder drop - The easy way [message #30436] Sun, 06 April 2014 14:25 Go to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Cleaning my Hornady Powder Drop has been a chore in the past. Wiping those little powder flakes out of every nook and cranny has driven me nuts at times. A friend gave me a helpful little tip that works awesome - Compressed air.

I took one of the little compressed air cans like you use on electronics and just blew everything out of the powder drop into a safe area outside (garden). All of the powder was gone. Gave it a few good wipes, sprayed the rotor and metering insert with some Hornady Dry Lube spray, and it was as good as new. Probably the fastest I've ever cleaned this thing.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Cleaning out a powder drop - The easy way [message #30441 is a reply to message #30436] Sun, 06 April 2014 16:44 Go to previous message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
Dude I clean everything gun related with my aircompressor. Might need safety glasses though. Wink clean my dies with carb cleaner and brush if needed. Blow out with air and lube with hornady one shot. The compressed air will get to a place a brush or towel wont reach.
Previous Topic: .38 Special reloading problem - Funnel issues? Something else?
Next Topic: Head stamp "HKE" ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:06:21 EDT 2024