Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Hinge Pin, how hard should it be to put in?
Hinge Pin, how hard should it be to put in? [message #2887] Sun, 09 January 2011 10:40 Go to next message
doublec is currently offline  doublec
Forum Newbie
It seems there is something up with my hinge pin.The last few times I took my gun apart and put it back together I had a hard time getting everything lined up and the pin back in, had to rap it pretty good with a hammer.

Anyone experiance this and have any idea what could be going on?

Ok, is it possible fo the hinge pin to get out of round?..I took the barrel off and the pin will not go through the frame with no barrel not will it fit thought the hole in the barrel...what the heck is going on?

[Updated on: Sun, 09 January 2011 11:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hinge Pin, how hard should it be to put in? [message #2898 is a reply to message #2887] Sun, 09 January 2011 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Novice Contributor
Yeah I would suspect the hinge pin. Should not need to hammer it in. Is this a standard hinge pin or an aftermarket pin. And how heavy of a load have you been shooting? Lay the pin on a hard flat surface and roll it , looking for signs of wear, out of round, bent ,etc. Counter top should be a good surface for this.Also check the weld on your barrel lug for signs of separation. Thats my 2 cents.
Re: Hinge Pin, how hard should it be to put in? [message #2900 is a reply to message #2898] Sun, 09 January 2011 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
I went and bought a piece of 7/16" dowel rod and it it goes in..so it is the hinge pin. Sending the frame and barrel to a gunsmith for a trigger job and some hinge pin repair:)
Re: Hinge Pin, how hard should it be to put in? [message #3073 is a reply to message #2887] Sun, 23 January 2011 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xray66 is currently offline  xray66
Forum Newbie
Take a caliper to each end of that hinge pin, might have a bit of taper to it.............
Re: Hinge Pin, how hard should it be to put in? [message #3135 is a reply to message #3073] Wed, 26 January 2011 05:34 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
Sent my receiver out to Jim at Shots Gunsmithing..hinge pin was damaged,,,he put a new one in and did a trigger job for me, so she is good as new now!
Previous Topic: 16.5" Encore 243 Barrel
Next Topic: Storing Ammo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:35:08 EDT 2024