Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Natchez Shooters Supply
Natchez Shooters Supply [message #32215] Tue, 15 July 2014 08:41 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I found an outstanding price on a scope I really, really would like to have. Processed the order all the way through to the billing/shipping section where I didn't find GA in the state list.

Called Natchez and was told that in the Ga/Tenn/Ala region they are wholesalers and will NOT sell to mail order customers. So I asked for dealer info and was told that the dealer would get it at the advertised price, but I'd pay a marked up price!?!

Couldn't get any answer why they'd ship to NC, VA, or Ky which are closer to them than most of GA and Ala.

So, if you're wondering why you'll never see any support for them from any of us behind the iron curtain....

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Natchez Shooters Supply [message #32220 is a reply to message #32215] Tue, 15 July 2014 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Have a friend/relative outside the zone get it for you and ship it to you when they get it. Ship would probably be less than the full MSRP that a typical dealer would want.

Lets say they want 100.00, they still have to pay ship to them. You can bet the dealer markup is well over 10%. Do the math, mailing from say South Carolina or Florida to you would be maybe 5 bucks 1st class 5.80 priority flat rate envelope. They probably give the shipping weight to figure the postage. natchez does charge a fairly high shipping fee to your friend/relative so factor that into the equation and see if you can still get it, just a bit less that "super" if you could walk in and not have to ship at all.
Jim

[Updated on: Tue, 15 July 2014 09:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Natchez Shooters Supply [message #32222 is a reply to message #32220] Tue, 15 July 2014 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
BTW,, if you have a buddy who has an FFL close by you, they may be able to get it at the catalog/internet price. GOOD buddy may only have to add the ship to him, and you can just pick it up from him, assuming he lives close by. I think their restriction is to only "private"/non-ffl holders.
Jim
Re: Natchez Shooters Supply [message #32331 is a reply to message #32222] Mon, 21 July 2014 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
I ran into this years ago, really ticked me off. They used to sell to those of us in GA, I ordered my first Simmons Whitetail Classic from them. Next time I tried to order, they said they wouldn't sell to us. Something about a contract with dealers in the state, not sure I bought their reason, either or, I am not happy with them. Of the list they had, none were in my area so it was kind of moot.
Re: Natchez Shooters Supply [message #32335 is a reply to message #32331] Mon, 21 July 2014 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Move to wyoming, I can get all they have that I want. Been getting from them for close to 34 years. They did fill a great purpose in that they still has some really old stock Burris rings that I wanted, couldn't find them anywhere else on the planet. I got all they had, think it was like 6 sets. bad thing was they were in their stock so long when I went to use them shortly after getting several sets the ring screws (4 each) had rusted up so bad I had to drill them out. Burris didn't have Blue screws but did send me all they had in the odd size I needed that were Stainless. Like about dozen or so (free). That was better than not being able to use the rings. I'm not going to squawk about having an SS barrel, SS mount, Blue rings with SS screws. I'm the only one that will see it, and the dead elk isn't going to complain that my "outfit" was a little out of color wack. So for me both Natchez and Burris filled a need with flying colors.
Jim
Re: Natchez Shooters Supply [message #32340 is a reply to message #32335] Mon, 21 July 2014 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
What gets me, is if you drive east from Chattanooga for a few miles more than you have to drive from my house and you're in NC, which can buy from them. VA is a couple hours up the road, and you can buy there as well. Their model makes no sense, and there isn't anyone you can talk to about it.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Natchez Shooters Supply [message #37367 is a reply to message #32340] Mon, 02 March 2015 20:42 Go to previous message
bikerpipes is currently offline  bikerpipes
Novice Contributor
Check for someone that will price match.

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.
Previous Topic: Lee Autodisk Adj charge bar
Next Topic: Bad Vendor "Personal Choice Outfitters" PCO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:04:02 EDT 2024