Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » bipods
bipods [message #2945] Thu, 13 January 2011 19:59 Go to next message
tazer500 is currently offline  tazer500
Forum Newbie
ok I baught teh camo plex stocks and want to use my harris bipod is the anything I can get to mount it on the sling swivel
the forend slops and keeps it from mounting the way it is
Re: bipods [message #2949 is a reply to message #2945] Fri, 14 January 2011 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MasonH is currently offline  MasonH
Novice Contributor
i'm in a similar boat. i want to install a bipod, but havn't found one that will work properly yet. i have the standard encore synthetic forearm. i'm looking for an adjustable bipod that goes to at least 3'. since i need a long one, i may just go with a set of shooting sticks, but they're kind of a pain to carry around and whatnot. good luck in your search. i've heard of guys re-drilling the screw holes on the bipod, then just mounting it with the new holes on the curved forearm.
Re: bipods [message #4392 is a reply to message #2949] Fri, 01 April 2011 15:08 Go to previous message
timberfaller is currently offline  timberfaller
Novice Contributor
What I did was, go back far enough for the bipod to rest and put in another stud. Works great! If you have synthetic stocks, the center line is already there. If your bipod is a Harris, it becomes your sling stud anyway.
Previous Topic: TC closed moving to Mass
Next Topic: Will Hoppes 9 damage stainless steel?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 17:41:55 EDT 2024