Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Leupold customer service
Leupold customer service [message #29100] Mon, 24 February 2014 13:22 Go to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I've never been a Leupold fan, to me their scopes aren't as "clear" as some others, a little yellow or brownish tinge. Their scope bases seem to be a little softer material, and generally not as thick.

One other part that irritated me was they were using screwdriver flat blade slotted screws for bases and rings. Well, I had three sets that had been mounted on Contender barrels for 30 or more years and wanted to remove them. Heated in the over for an hour at 400 to try and break down any loctite which was likely to be there, put the barrel in a vice and selected a tight fitting slot blade and even with two hands and all my weight on the screwdriver(feet off floor even) it was all I could muster to get some of them to finally break lose.

Needless to say, most of the screws were buggard, a few pretty bad. At any rate nothing I would trust to re-use, and too ashamed to even think of passing on to someone else, personnaly not wanting to use them myself.

Snow storm this morning so pretty much house bound for the day, so finally decided to call Leupold about getting some replacement screws, maybe someone else would use the bases. Was on "hold" for maybe 3 minutes and finally got a real human on the other end.

Chatted with the nice fellow on the other end, and he agreed and even suggested that the type of screws that had used back then wasn't exactly a great idea. He asked for my address and said they'd send me 13 (in case I dropped one) new torx base screws and three torx wrenches, 100% free, including shipping.

Even with my bias against leupold, I have to admit and share that they obviously have excellent customer service. A call to them might yield a pleasant reply should you call them about your own issues.
1-800-538-7653
Jim

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DNZ mounts
Next Topic: optics planet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 20:38:02 EDT 2024