Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Choate Machine - The quality has dropped
Choate Machine - The quality has dropped [message #38616] Wed, 17 June 2015 22:52 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I just got my son a new 10/22, and the LOP is still a bit long for him. So I ordered an M4 style stock from Choate Machine and Tool that is very similar to the one on his Encore rifle. I expected the same quality as I've come to expect, but was sadly disappointed in the finishing of the stock.

It looks like someone popped it out of the mold, screwed on the additional parts, and bagged it. No finish work was done. It has little plastic "fuzz" all over the stock, and there are mold marks and some divots that look like the plastic shrunk in the mold.

Overall, it will work for what we wanted it for - A "growing" stock for my son's new .22. However, I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed in the final finish of this product. If this is the new Choate standard, I'll be looking elsewhere for my next stock.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message