Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Stainless frame with a "5" in the prefix instead of an "S" (I thought they were all "S" prefix)
Stainless frame with a "5" in the prefix instead of an "S" [message #45845] Sat, 08 February 2020 11:10 Go to previous message
luvmyencore is currently offline  luvmyencore
Forum Newbie
have two stainless Encore frames. The first one I bought in 1999 directly from T/C as a muzzle loader. It has an "S" prefix before a four digit serial number. The second was purchased as a "New old stock" from Ed's Contenders in or about 2011. It is a pre S/W, made in New Hampshire, with a "5" at the beginning of the serial number before a five digit serial number. Either that, or they switched from having a letter as a prefix and it is now a six digit serial number with this one being a five at the beginning of the number. The question I have is if anyone else has a stainless Encore frame with a "5" as the prefix. I was fairly certain that the "S" was to designate "Stainless". Having a letter before the serial number is typical of this way of denoting different models on a number of products. The "5" sort of looks like an "S", but it clearly is a "5", not an "S".

I don't know if this has been covered before or not, and if so, I apologize for the redundancy. Does anyone have a New Hampshire stainless frame with a prefix other than "S"? Did someone mistake the "5" for an "S"? They really do look quite similar. I have included a picture for clarity.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 February 2020 20:11] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Other rubber grip options??
Next Topic: Best 22 long rifle rimfire option?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:47:51 EDT 2024