Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » Archive » Sold, Traded, Found, or No Longer Available/Wanted » WTS Virgin Valley 10" bull barrel .223
WTS Virgin Valley 10" bull barrel .223 [message #47233] Sun, 08 May 2022 11:54
410kirk is currently offline  410kirk
Forum Newbie
It’s time for someone else to have the fun as I’m getting old and I haven’t used this barrel in several years. Surely you will think I’m crazy but I bought it to hunt deer. I’ve taken several deer with it but as I get older my accuracy seems to get worse and a .223 needs a good pistolero to ethically harvest animals. I made the wooden forend in my shop and was satisfied that I didn’t need to purchase a Virgin Valley forend. This forend attaches to the Virgin Valley hanger bar and otherwise free floats the barrel. It is made of Spanish Cedar from which I’d previously built some garage doors. This forend may not please those with refined taste but I’m just an old carpenter and it works nicely. The barrel was originally chambered in 221 Fireball but was rechambered by Mike Bellm (see their web site at bellmtcs) to .223 Rem. Which is a much better round for hunting (able to use heavier bullets and hold more powder) and available anywhere. Email for pics.

$450. $10 shipping

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2022 21:21] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Previous Topic: WTS 3 T/C ENCORE BARRELS
Next Topic: WTB 209x50 Barrel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:18:17 EDT 2024