Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Reloading » Conventional Wisdom
Conventional Wisdom [message #37613] Wed, 11 March 2015 10:07 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I'm fixin' to get ready to do some testing and see what makes a real difference in my reloads. I've read tons of stuff that says "do this for more accuracy" and have always wondered what is opinion, what is fact, and what is just "it worked for me". I'm also looking to test out some of the Encore fixes (springs, deresonators, etc).

Kind of like people who weigh every single powder charge, but don't sort cases or bullets (excluding those who weigh for their own piece of mind and safety).

To do this test I have a 28" 308 and a 15" Ruger 204. My plans are to put together about a hundred cases that are mixed head stamp and/or mixed weights and see what happens as I try each change to see what happens. I want to test sorting by weight (cases first, then bullets), weighing powder charges to the exact same and then to a .2 grain difference, neck turning, and what ever else I can come up with. I've got software that will measure groups from scans, and will use it throughout the test.

What are some of the things you're curious about if it makes a difference?

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message