Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Whats going on at Burris ?? (Miffed)
Whats going on at Burris ?? [message #38447] Wed, 20 May 2015 17:38 Go to previous message
pinecone is currently offline  pinecone
Does anyone know what is going on at Burris? I've always been a Burris fan, at least with the scopes I have on my rifles.

Bit of history I sent a fullfield II 1/75 X 6 (older one) in for what I thought would be a minor repair. I recieved a service # and was told of a 4-6 week wait time. (not unreasonable as long as they tell me,its my choice to wait or ask for it back). At the end of the 8th week I queried them and received an e-mail saying I was in line for repair but it would be 6-8 weeks. I was already at the end of the 8th week. Week 10 I E-mailed again. I was told they had issued a replacement order and a new scope would be sent to me that week. That was on a Tuesday. I'm into the 3rd week of that and haven't heard anything.

I would have liked advanced notice of what was wrong with my scope and while I appreciate the effort Burris is making I would have liked to have a bit of choice in the matter. Looking in their catalog I don't see anything that appeals to me. I guess never look a gift horse in the mouth !!

My question ? is this typical of Burris ?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Choate Machine - The quality has dropped
Next Topic: Ed's Contenders and Encores
Goto Forum: