Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Whats going on at Burris ?? (Miffed)
Re: Whats going on at Burris ?? [message #38562 is a reply to message #38501] Mon, 08 June 2015 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Mine was returned to me today. Less than one month turn-around (May 7 received in their shop, and they mailed it back to me June 2). I got no email or info of any type regarding the repair. It just showed up on my doorstep this afternoon.

I had sent mine back to ensure it was still sealed, as the previous owner had dented it with sloppy scope ring work and I wanted to make sure the tube wasn't cracked from the sharp scope ring edge. There was also a piece of debris inside it that showed up as a brown spot on the lower left quadrant.

The report states:
Scope was re-centered, recoiled, and fog tested. Scope functions properly.
Removed internal debris. Resealed and recoiled to verify function. Scope functions properly.
SMALL DENT IN TUBE DOES NOT EFFECT FUNCTIONALITY OF SCOPE. DEBRIS. EXTERIOR DAMAGE. (They put in all caps).

So... I looked through it - the "debris" is no longer in the lower left hand quadrant. Instead, it's in the middle, and isn't as dark. Almost like there was debris on the glass, and they removed it, but left a smudge there. I'm not sending it back right now. Although it might bother me later, I'm just happy to have it back. I already put it on my .30 Herrett barrel.

Although I'm grateful that they took it back, tested it, and mailed it back to me with no charge, I can't say I'm 100% impressed with the outcome. I'm not upset at them. I'm just not as impressed as I thought I'd be.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Choate Machine - The quality has dropped
Next Topic: Ed's Contenders and Encores
Goto Forum: