Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Happy New Year - and Time to take care of some business
Happy New Year - and Time to take care of some business [message #40031] Sat, 02 January 2016 10:32 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Hey all, hope you've started this year out well.

Something to do before too much longer. One of the best things about this site is you can buy and sell to your heart's (and budget's) content. The issue is: Do you have documentation for the stuff you have RIGHT NOW?

I used to do a good job of documenting what I have, what's on it (sights, scope, bases, rings, etc), and any thing else I wanted to keep track of. This of course seems to fall to the wayside as things move around in the long term. Now I have to think about what's where and what's on it.

Take some time and at least take detailed pictures of every frame/barrel/thing you have. This includes powders, primers, dies, bullets, boxes, etc. In other words, if you have to get anything replaced because of theft/fire/flood you have enough documentation to prove you had it. Also, get pictures of every weapon you have and a picture of the serial number and store this somewhere you can get to it quickly from the web (send yourself an email, or photobucket, or any of the other online sites). This way if they're stolen you can give the police a copy very quickly. If it doesn't have a serial number, then take a lot of detailed pics.

Its amazing how much TC stuff you can accumulate over the years, and it's really amazing how much it costs to replace it.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Happy New Year!
Next Topic: Way too quiet around here....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 17:10:27 EDT 2024