Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Reloading » Just trying to create controversy (Reduced Loads)
Re: Just trying to create controversy [message #44036 is a reply to message #44034] Tue, 06 March 2018 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sunnysmarine is currently offline  sunnysmarine
"blow by" hot gases leaking around the neck due to insufficient pressure to create a seal around the neck of a cartridge Rolling Eyes

I have found if you really like a powder bullet combination and it will not reliably seal you can anneal the case neck and shoulder a bit longer than usual, and yes straight wall cases too at least double your seating depth for me I seat out as far as possible don't ask why I just do Rolling Eyes , Just dedicate those so annealed to this use only. Smile

Or just live with it and leave the cases in the tumbler an hour longer than usual, Spend another minute cleaning the chamber usually I just let it soak over night with Patch Out and check the results with an extra patch with out pushing it through the bore, Carb Out works real good but should not be left to soak over night Confused

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Powder for the .223 14" barrel
Next Topic: Accurate Powder Recall Notice