Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Best 22 long rifle rimfire option? (I want to shoot 22 long rifle with my Encore frames)
Best 22 long rifle rimfire option? [message #45851] Sun, 09 February 2020 09:30 Go to previous message
luvmyencore is currently offline  luvmyencore
Forum Newbie
I want to get a 20 "plus" (no longer than 24") inch 22 Long Rifle barrel for my stainless Encore frames. Are there any real contenders (see what I did there?) to this arena? I've heard about conversion kits and different ways to adapt the centerfire Encore to be able to shoot the diminutive 22 LR cartridge but have never given it any serious dedication to purchase one, until now.

I want a stainless 22 LR barrel with open sights as well as being tapped for a scope, over 20 inches long. I want to put a set of Warne Quick Release rings on it, like I've done to most of my other Encore barrels that have the capability to shoot sans scope. I'm looking at EABCO and others, but I haven't seen anything that grabs my attention outright. Can I get some input as to the functionally and versatility of the best barrel maker's design of the 22 LR cartridge? Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, that describes their experience with this setup in the Encore format?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stainless frame with a "5" in the prefix instead of an "S"
Next Topic: What's your Unicorn?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 18:54:15 EDT 2024