Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Best 22 long rifle rimfire option? (I want to shoot 22 long rifle with my Encore frames)
Re: Best 22 long rifle rimfire option? [message #45900 is a reply to message #45894] Fri, 21 February 2020 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
TC basically drilled the bore slightly off center so that the firing pin hits the top of the rim.

Like any TC barrel, some shoot lights out and others shoot random patterns. What has always struck me as odd is that a barrel that won't shoot for one person is MOA for another. At any rate, the 5 barrels I owned were all good shooters in 22lr.

As for the barrel that I had to use pliers for it was the chamber as far as I can tell. Almost as if it was wider at the front than the back. Unfired rounds would easily chamber and extract. Pull the trigger and the extractor would pull the case out so you could get it, but finger strength wasn't enough to pull it out.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stainless frame with a "5" in the prefix instead of an "S"
Next Topic: What's your Unicorn?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 06:21:16 EDT 2024