Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Best 22 long rifle rimfire option? (I want to shoot 22 long rifle with my Encore frames)
Re: Best 22 long rifle rimfire option? [message #45904 is a reply to message #45903] Sat, 22 February 2020 08:32 Go to previous message
luvmyencore is currently offline  luvmyencore
Forum Newbie
I don't usually have a lot in common with most people when it comes to personal property. I can admit to being a hoarder, so if I see something of value in my possession, I'd have to be dead broke in order to sell it off. Fortunately that has not happened to me in the past. I liken my beliefs of prized possessions to my camera lenses.

I own quite a few really accurate lenses that are harder to come by than a lot of other items, so I know that a good one is worth hanging on to. When some lenses are over 2 grand, you cannot afford to be nonchalant about allowing them to be lost in a trade, or sold off, just because I'm not using them as much as I may have in the past. I have been gun shy of buying used lenses due to the fact that they usually don't measure up to my expectations, because I know what a great copy of a lens can do. It only takes a couple of captures to tell how good they are, through the feeling you get when looking at some samples. It's like you've found a needle in a haystack when you don't have to individualize each lens to different camera bodies in order to take great pictures. If an expensive lens works with all of my camera bodies without fail, and is impressive across the board, I'm not letting go of that lens, period. I realize that barrels are not the same thing as camera lenses, but I'll never get some things out of my system.

The moving analogy makes the most sense. I've never lived in anything but a shotgun only deer hunting area, but I've had some good hunting time put in to centerfire counties in my state, so it's not like I never get to use my accurate centerfire barrels, but time spent with them is certainly not as much as I'd like. If I lived in centerfire country, and could use them a lot more than I do now, perhaps I wouldn't be using my shotguns as much, so that would flip the scenario. I think I've just come to realize that I like to hunt more than I do target shoot, and that puts me in a different realm than someone who is a fervent target shooter. I would be more apt to sell of and trade barrels if I were a dedicated target shooter. I believe that may play a big role in my hesitation to do what a lot of guys do in the buy/sell/trade arena.

EDIT: I had only been started in the interest of T/C Encore due to the muzzle loader seasons. I started fooling around with different barrels only because I could. I like to shoot my guns, but I don't really have any place close that I can go to shoot them. I bought a second frame because I wanted to get my wife interested in the sport, and I already had two muzzle loader barrels, so I figured I'd put two rifles together so we could hunt together. Of course it's cliche to want to have your spouse as a scapegoat into why you need another frame, or barrel, or stock set, or all three.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 February 2020 08:38]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stainless frame with a "5" in the prefix instead of an "S"
Next Topic: What's your Unicorn?