Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Reloading » .357 Remington Maximum
Re: .357 Remington Maximum [message #46656 is a reply to message #46408] Sun, 02 May 2021 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
NSB is currently offline  NSB
Forum Newbie
I’ve been shooting the .357max for around seven years now. During that time I’ve tried out hundreds of different loads and tested them in both my Encore barrels and my Win Low Wall. To date, my most accurate loads have been the 180 grain Speer HotCore bullet on top of VihtaVouri N110 and N120, both at maximum right off the VihtaVouri on-line loading data. Last weekend I shot three consecutive five shot groups at 107 measured yards (my deck to my backstop) that ranged from .8 to .88” c-c. I have several loads that will easily do under 1,5” with different powders and I’ve found some powders simply create radical vertical stringing with any charge weight. I managed to get three deer with this load last hunting season with two of them being a lasered 189 yards. I’m in the process now of trying this powder with some Hornady 200g bullets to see if I can get some decent results. We’ll see what happens.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Encore 45/410 Load data recommendations
Next Topic: Sabots in a 30-30 Encore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 10:55:47 EDT 2024