Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Haus of Arms Promotions » A Christmas Carol - From Marty at HoA (Newsletter 12/13/21 )
HausCamo.png  A Christmas Carol - From Marty at HoA [message #46945] Mon, 13 December 2021 11:38
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
At this point in our lives, most have probably seen "Dickens" A Christmas Carol, where the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future magically appear in the flesh to make a point. Here is my version:

I've been working on a project whereby I have the privilege of closing out one of the largest T/C private collections around for the last couple of months. Phone conversations, emails, lists, pictures of full guns, frames, barrels and misc items were cataloged ahead of the actual possession of the collection. Art Lamontagne of the TC Collectors Association told me to prepare to be bedazzled! Even poor pictures began to tell a story. A list of 130+ barrels, though detailed, told of specifics like Contender or Encore , caliber length and finish, but the glory of this list was still unrealized. The last two days we have operated under a self-imposed schedule to have 200 plus listings online for Monday morning 12/13/21. It has been a daunting task, but with the assistan ce of my wife, Ruth, it has happened.

I certainly have seen a few "Custom Shop" barrels and 1 or 2 engraved frames during my tenure at HausofArms, but NEVER...I have been visited by the ghost of Custom Shop's past for the last 2 days and nights. I have held in my hands some of the most beautiful engraved frames, custom barrels and finest walnut imaginable right there in front of me--imagination, creativity, passion, innovation, master gunsmiths, "America's Master Gunmaker" was printed on every T/C box! BUT THE HEART OF T/C WAS THE CUSTOM SHOP! My ghost of Custom Shop's past toured me through every aspect of creation at the Custom Shop. Gold engravings, High Luster polished barrels, octagonal and 12 sided barrels, perfect craftmanship in the stocksets, Fox Ridge, TCA offerings, collector pistols, names like Steve Herrett, Warren Center and Ken Thompson just to name a few. My eyes have been opened forever.

We all know the date 5/3/21 as the day Thompson Center ceased to exist, but at least to me, the day the Custom Shop was closed forever is when the pulse flatlined. The handwriting was on the wall since that date, many like me that had never fully experienced that GLORY of the Custom Shop just failed to realize it.

Merry Christmas,

Marty

THE COLLECTORS CORNER

The listings for this fine collection will be live Monday, December 13, 7 am MT. Here are the various categories:

Full Guns Pistols and Rifles
Frames Only
Barrels
Stocksets
Miscellaneous

MGM BARRELS

HausofArms/MGM 450 Bushmaster 20" SS FULL Contour Barrels w/Adaptors and Threads and 6 hole base
HausofArms/MGM 6.5 PRC 26" SS Heavy Contour Barrel W/THREAD AND CAP
HausofArms/MGM 300 Bla ckout 16 1/4" SS Heavy Contour Encore Barrels w/Threads
HausofArms/MGM 30/30 Winchester 20" SS Heavy Contour Encore Barrels w/Threads/Cap
HausofArms/MGM 308 Winchester 24" SS Heavy Contour Barrels w/Threads and Cap

SSK BARRELS

Encore/Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 16 1/4" 35 Remington Pistol Barrel w/Threads and Base
Encore/Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 16 1/4" 357 MAG Rifle Barrel w/Threads and Base
Encore/Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 20" 358JDJ Rifle Barrel w/Threads and Base
SSK Hunter Thompson Center Encore SS Heavy Contour 15" 445 Super Mag Pistol Barrel
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 15" 375 WIN Pistol Barrel w/Threads and Base
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 24" 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle Barrel w/Threads/Cap and 6 Hole Base
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 24" 264 WinMag Rifle Barrel w/Threads/Cap and 6 Hole Base
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS FULL Contour 24" 375 H&H Rifle Barrel w/Thre ads and Base
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 20" 375JDJ Rifle Barrel w/Threads and Base
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 15" 375JDJ Pistol Barrel w/Threads and Base
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 20" 375 WIN Rifle Barrel w/Threads and Base
SSK Hunter SSK50/Contend er/G2Contender SS BULL Contour 10" 44 Special Pistol Barrel w/Threads and Base
SSK Hunter SSK50/Contender/G2Contender SS BULL Contour 14" 44 Mag Pistol Barrel
SSK Hunter SSK50/Contender/G2Contender SS BULL Contour 14" 444 Marlin Pistol Barrel w/ Threads and Cap
SSK Hunter SSK50/Contender/G2Contender SS BULL Contour 20" 45-70 Govt Rifle Barrel w/TSOB and Threads

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

Read Message HausCamo.png
Previous Topic: Newsletter from Marty - 11/23/21
Next Topic: Shot Show 2022 Review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:28:00 EDT 2024