Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » SCAMMER ALERT!!! » SCAMMER ALERT! PLEASE READ!
SCAMMER ALERT! PLEASE READ! [message #46965] Tue, 28 December 2021 18:17
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
If you get a message from anyone on these forums, offering to sell you something they don't have listed for sale here, it's likely a scam. We have had an influx of scammers lately - a lot of them are the same person. So if you get a PM or email from someone offering to sell you something, DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! A couple of tip-offs (doesn't always follow this pattern, so be aware):

1) New member
2) Contacts you via PM or email instead of responding to your post in public.
3) Their email doesn't match the email they registered with (I can view that - Let me know what email they say they have, and I'll compare it to the one they registered with.)
4) User name is sometimes either two lower case first names (jackjames, donwilliam, johnnytom) or has a nonsense name and numbers - pbap332, ppgee32, or a combo - jackpeter40

This is not to say that everyone with two first names in lower case, or has numbers behind their name, etc... is a scammer. Some are legit. But do your homework before you start sending people money!!! Most of the time, if they don't have it posted for sale, but are contacting you via PM or email - it's a scam! And if they want you to "contact their buddy / friend / brother / etc...", report them to me immediately for banning. Thank you.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Tue, 28 December 2021 18:18]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Next Topic: New scam alert - email my...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:23:02 EDT 2024