Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Encore Forend
Encore Forend [message #14539] Thu, 27 September 2012 14:29 Go to previous message
Pcpharm is currently offline  Pcpharm
Novice Contributor
Encore Forearm
Hello everyone, I have been reading a lot of comments concerning how accuracy in the Encore system may be affected by attaching the forend directly to the barrel. I believe I understand how a floating barrel could be affected if the forend of the stock that is connected to the butt may limit the harmonics of the barrel as the bullet travels down the barrel. However, the forearm on an Encore is not connected to the butt stock. If you bed the forend, or attach a hanger bar to the barrel and then attach the forend to the hanger bar, you are still attaching the forend to the barrel. The barrel and the forend should float together. I am not sure how the above would differ compared to if you tighten the forend to the barrel each time with a torch wrench, to say 25 lb. I also understand that if the forend was made of wood that forend may be effected by the temperature and humidity. The wood may swell or shrink affecting the barrel harmonics. However, the composite forends used commonly on Encores these days, I would assume are minimally affected by either temperature or humidity. Finally, I understand that the forend for the barrel must not be in contact with the receiver. I will now set down and continue my education.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fitting Contender locking bolts.
Next Topic: Misfires with the Prohunter...solutions??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:36:10 EDT 2024