Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » My son is in bad shape (If you are a praying person)
My son is in bad shape [message #24516] Mon, 30 September 2013 22:12 Go to previous message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

On Saturday my son was rushed to the hospital semi-conchious and in great pain. He has been diabetic since he was five and is 38 years old and has developed a syndrome with the acronym DISH, not sure what it means but the effects are the mussles in his back are hardening along with the tendons. Causes great pain. He was given a choice to have a stimulater placed in his back to block the pain impulses or to spend the rest of his live on heavy pain meds. He opted for the stimulater so it was implanted three weeks ago. He had become sick earlier in the week and visited the doctor and they thought he had a virus and gave him antibiotics and sent him home. Long story short, on Sunday morning early they rushed him into emergency surgery to remove the stimulator and the infection that was around it. The infection had traveled along the leads into his spine and caused meningitice. This afternoon late they move him from ICU into an area they call a step down room. He still has ICU type care but now his wife and us can visit more than the 5 minutes every two hours. The DISH can happen to anybody but is more in long time diebetics.
If there are any praying people here please include my son Duane in them.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Newbie to forum, question?
Next Topic: Shipping and Insurance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 10:37:09 EDT 2024