Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Classifieds observation.....
Classifieds observation..... [message #24792] Mon, 14 October 2013 11:45 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Granted, I've had older threads that someone went back and found in the classifieds list, but... If you are selling something and it hasn't sold for a couple weeks, taking it to the top (TTT or bump) isn't going to help if your price is too high. After a while I tend to stop paying any attention to updates on that add and will probably miss it when you finally do get around to lowering the price. Granted, it's a way to get your post count up, but still.... If you haven't sold it after a couple weeks and you aren't going to lower the price give it a rest Wink (Saying this as a private citizen)

A good indication that the price is more than someone wants to pay is after one or two early PMs about information you didn't include the only posts are your TTTs. I don't think you have to stop folks, but sometimes it's helped me when someone pointed things out clearly.

While I'm at it, what is it about round counts (which I try to give anyway)? I know you could shoot out some of the Encore rounds (22-250, 220 Swift, any of the rifle magnums), but short of the 22-250 who's going to shoot something that much? Has anyone ever seen a shot out Encore barrel? I've seen mistreated barrels, abused barrels, but never a shot out barrel. They've all been bright and shiny once cleaned. (By the way, if you send me a barrel then make it a clean barrel).

And asking for pictures of barrels in great shape? I can't tell you how many barrels I've seen in 30 years of TC shooting (man, that hurt) and they all look the same - variations by type of course. They have the same moon scrapes, the same lugs, etc.... Now, if you say it's got some unusual marks/damage, then put a picture up. OK, maybe I'll give this to the picture requestors, it's better to see a problem before you've paid and received it, but still...

(Wondering if I should have put this up after I've sold off six barrels, two stock sets, two stainless frames, 9 scopes, and five base and ring sets)

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Mon, 14 October 2013 11:47]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message